1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Control 2 - Creation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Hans99, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

Conclusion for the rest of the SL-Team:

We're gonna split this Project into an Adventure Variant of Star Control 2 for ToT and a more action oriented and shorter MGE Variant. New Threat will be started for the MGE Variant at CFC. There will also be a Thread at the german Civ-Forum for the MGE Variant.

2. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

He, he, it took years, that's true. But it was always nagging somewhere in my backmind and so I started a new attempt to finish this scenario two weeks ago. I will post the StarControl MGE scenario next week - not sure if there are still players out there interested in this one. But I'll have peace of mind at last.

3. EZRhino

EZRhino Chieftain

I know the feeling. Still, I've looked forward to this one for quite a while:)

4. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

Patience, gentlemen. It will take another one or two weeks. But it's on its way, I promise.

5. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

It's still three months till December, so enough time to make up for a good Christmas present.

@Metro

Haven't received any E-Mail from you yet since last week.

6. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

7. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

F**K! I messed up the city.txt - file. Whenever the barbarians negotiate (they demand money and spare your city), the game used to crash. That's because I deleted the original 17 Barbarian tribe names and replaced them by only a single one.

8. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

Here is the new "Anti-Crash" StarControl MGE Scenario:

Attached Files:

9. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

OMG. I never realized there were so few of us left.

10. EZRhino

EZRhino Chieftain

I'm looking forward to having some free time to give try this one out. I've been looking forward to it for a long while after all. It is unfortunate that I am so severely time limited at the moment.

It's true enough though, that our numbers have grown thin the last few years. But accolades and downloads were never a particularly important motivation for me. Sometimes, I simply can't take my mind off of something, (in my case about the bronze age Eastern Mediterranean) and without some kind of creative catharsis I fear I will eventually go mad...

Or perhaps only madder relative to before. My wife occasionally taunts me that the last time she played civilization II was when she was in middle school. While this is technically true, I have yet to find something else that scratches this particular itch in my life:)

11. Patine

Patine Warlord

Actually, I did download this myself. I'm just in the process of getting MGE to work on Windows 8, so bear with me on this one.