Star Control 2 - Creation Thread

Very good scenario! but there are a few problems.
I obtained the final version of the precursor ship before obtaining the dnyarri, so I couldn't complete the game; the final ship can't trigger any more events without detonating...
You also got stuck if you destroy the Ur-Quan civilization (I could do it long before completing the events), because all the special objects are set to the Ur-Quan player and disappear.
If you don't get stuck and manage to destroy the Sa-Matra... You don't win. Not even if you kill the Ur-Quan later. Do you have to destroy everybody? Not very in the spirit of Star Control 2.
One last thing: there should be Arilou ships too? they never appeared

Oh, hi. Well, a very long time has passed and it could be that there were some problems due to the limitations of MGE and especially the event files. I remember writing the plot into the event files being a mind-blow f**k!
I play-tested it only in parts, never touched it again or played it myself. I also never tried to create a superior TOT version as none seemed to be interested enough in this scenario to post and Hans left the thread.
But I don't believe I even could replicate nowadays what I did back then, he, he.

I understand that sometimes the motivation for a project can fade (don't I know it!) but ToT is quite a different beast these days, with many, many more unit and tech slots. Also Lua has help change the game beyond all recognition...If you even want to tinker around with the scenario mostly for the creative fun, this is the best time to do it...:)

Nah... I'm through with Civ2. Maybe there are other who still want to push Civ2 to its limits.

I've just created like three things: the working Star Trek mod fir TOT, the obviously flawed StarCon2 scenario and that of Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (together with Blake who keeps it still well-hidden for about two years now).

When I finally release our mega delayed HoMM2 mod as a brand new release confused people will be like "this mod isn't new! That Metropolis guy retired from modding 3 years ago?" :lol:

@Bultro good to see such devotion to Metro's Star Control scenario. He never got much attention on it so I posted it around a bunch of sites last year as I Admin a bunch of Starflight forums and social media communities which are full of Star Control fans and was hoping that it might get some people playing it and appreciating all the hard work he put into it. I feel bad that I haven't played a big game of it myself but I lack time lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom