Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod

I had this problem with another CIV, and I fixed it, but I can't remember how I did it.

EDIT: Fixed. The art def for the Klingon starbases was incorrect in the XML. This is also what was causing the game to crash.

As for the turn end crash, I just ran into that one myself and I don't know what is causing it. I played through a game before all the way to the end without that happening and it just happened to me in the game I'm running right now too.

I could really use your guys help as testers here. Try to find out exactly what is causing the crash. Turn on the log file and see what is going on. Try to get around the crash and pinpoint what is causing it. I only have so much time right now to work on this. I've got school finals next week and then I'm moving. So I really don't have the time to figure out what the bug is but I should be able to fix it if you do.

O.K. I had another game crash. Please, how do we turn the log file on? After that, I will load my crashing savegame again and try to get the log.

EDIT: I have set Enable the logging system to 1 in the civilizationIV.ini Which files are you interested in?

Hi,

i started a game, but i cant play the borg. They are not availlable as civ but i see their units in world builder... are they not implemented till now?

@ chapon. I already fixed your crash and was able to run your savefile.

But for the future, to turn on the log file you can do it in Civilazation4.ini file in the my documents/my games/beyond the sword folder on your computer.

Change the following values:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

Also if you you have a crash, load up the the auto save 5 or 10 turns before the crash and turn on the event log through the BUG menu or by pressing ALT+L

Thanks for the information.

One other question. Are u making all ships the same strengh? So a lets say galaxy has the same strengh as a cube in the same place in tech tree?

I think it would be better to make Borg units stronger, but more costable. And maybe not a Cube 1 - Cube 2 - Cube 3..... you could use as first Borg unit the Borg Probe from Voyager (this little thing which they killed with a beamed photon torpedo) and the next one a sphere, the next one an early cube, then a normal cube, advanced cube, tactical cube, maybe the queen ship... an assimilator ship... and so on ;)

@ chapon. I already fixed your crash and was able to run your savefile.

But for the future, to turn on the log file you can do it in Civilazation4.ini file in the my documents/my games/beyond the sword folder on your computer.

Change the following values:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

Also if you you have a crash, load up the the auto save 5 or 10 turns before the crash and turn on the event log through the BUG menu or by pressing ALT+L

O.K. Will do. Can you, please, upload a patch so I can continue that savegame? Thanks.

Actually, I have made a significant number of changes to the mod so I will be putting out a new version not a patch. and I'm afraid your save isn't going to work. Sorry.

I guess it is something to do with my system (Win XP, 32 bit), but it is completely broken for me. I have started it a few times with different settings, and each time my home world has 8 planets all with zero population capacity, and I get some messages coming up in the interface (see 2 attached screenshots). It is a shame, this looks like a good mod.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 207
@samson are you running beyond the sword with thr 3.19 patch?

Yes. I have tried it on another computer (Win 7, much newer) and it works fine. If there is anything I can tell you about the settup of the other computer let me know.

I am not sure the engineers are working. See the attach screenshot, I have 4 engineers (with engineering core) but only the hammers from the worked plannets count. I am fairly sure the same thing occurs with the engineer from the factory only.

Looks like a good mod.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 152
Any ETA for the next version? I know you said you were busy, but I would like to play :) But there is no meaning doing so now, when the game crashes and savegames will not be compatible.

:scan: The new version is uploaded now :scan:

Beta 4e (Stardate 11.17.2012)

• Fixed Critical Bug with Klingon star bases
  • Reworked AI
  • Changed up CIVs Game balance
  • Fixed Repeating music Bug
  • Federations ships Now Canon Sized to scale
  • Some Promotion Changes

Cool. Good luck with your finals, by the way. ;)

PS: Add the link (Database links to an old version)

It must have either took the website a few minutes to update or you tried to download it while it was still uploading. It automatically updates the files, but sometimes it is a bit slow. A friend of mine tried to download it last night and got an empty zip, but it seems to be working fine now.

I have played the last version the whole afternoon. I got to the DS9 era just fine. Great work. Now it is a solid base for other upgrades. I encountered only one error, in TOS (movies) era, I got an error message Can not find file /sountrack/modern/.... (forgot the exact name of the file). Oh and cubes spawning out of black holes are deliberate? Was scouting with my Nebula when one jumped out of the black hole and killed me. Anyway, good luck with your exams and looking forward to further updates.

Top Bottom