Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod

The Holodecks discovery does make obsolete Recreation Facilities (of which you can have more than 1 per system), so until you actually build them you will have a definite drop in happiness.

Some bad news: had a nuclear meltdown in one of my own systems (caused by Klingon dilithium mine), and instantly couldn't build any more buildings anywhere... :(

I expect you need to set the USE_DO_MELTDOWN_CALLBACK to be 1 in PythonCallbackDefines.xml. The version of this file in FFP has this set to 0 because there is no building that can do this in FFP.

The meltdown needs to be handled by the Python in the doMeltdown function in the game utilities (FinalFrontierGameUtils.py) since it affects buildings on planets, which the DLL knows nothing about.

The Holodecks discovery does make obsolete Recreation Facilities (of which you can have more than 1 per system), so until you actually build them you will have a definite drop in happiness.

After some more testing it seems you are right. I had to build many holodecks to get morale back.

I have encountered another error message. This time I wrote it down. "Error in FinalFrontier Games Util callback handler AI_choose production" I think it may have something to do with AI having nothing more tu build.

Oh and one more question. It seems that later in the game regular aliens are replaced by Borg cubes. These has finaly made me to build border defense network (together with endless waves of aliens as I forgot to click on the option to have less of them at the start of the game) as they are really strong. However they seem to have a huge advantage against other AI players. I had to liberate a Ferengi system twice already and this time I just left the liberation fleet there to defend.

It seems that later in the game regular aliens are replaced by Borg cubes. These has finaly made me to build border defense network (together with endless waves of aliens as I forgot to click on the option to have less of them at the start of the game) as they are really strong. However they seem to have a huge advantage against other AI players.

I'd say that's in line with Star Trek events then. The only race that didn't have trouble fighting off the Borg are Species 8172 (if I remember the number correctly), because they are immune to Borg assimilation technology, and the Borg can't adapt to their technology either.

I'm suddenly getting stupidly long turn processing times, it's been fine up to now (turns taking 20 seconds or so) but suddenly turn processing is taking 4-5 minutes before I even start seeing enemy units moving.

Turn 475. Huge galaxy, final flat. 8 player.
PC AMD 6 core, 4Gb RAM, Win XP, Radeon 6670.

Tried turning all graphics options to minimum but no effect....

Play Large map. By turn 475 you should have finished.

If you play Huge map and have Pirates on, they'll take up most of game turn time by turn 200 or sooner. (There's currently under 10 civs, so...)

Heh, today morning I tried a few turns and started to encounter tactical cubes with 33 strength. How are we supposed to counter that? Other than stick to our borders and do not go anywhere. Also during the whole game, every exploration vessel, from Soyuz class (strength 1) to Intrepid class (strength 10) are totaly useless as there are always much stronger enemies and builidng these ships is just a waste of time. So this is just a suggestion for a future balancing.

Play Large map. By turn 475 you should have finished.

If you play Huge map and have Pirates on, they'll take up most of game turn time by turn 200 or sooner. (There's currently under 10 civs, so...)

Well I am lucky it seems, I have a huge map with all those aliens and the game slowed down only for 10 turns (200 - 210) and then a bit after the discovery of the astrometrics which made the whole map visible. But it is quite playable. As I have already mentioned, I hate small maps and I hate meeting another player in turn 5 or so. I always pick the largest one avaialble.

I'm suddenly getting stupidly long turn processing times, it's been fine up to now (turns taking 20 seconds or so) but suddenly turn processing is taking 4-5 minutes before I even start seeing enemy units moving.

Turn 475. Huge galaxy, final flat. 8 player.
PC AMD 6 core, 4Gb RAM, Win XP, Radeon 6670.

Tried turning all graphics options to minimum but no effect....

Since we were chugging at turn 250 before on a large map, I'd say that is quite the improvement! :D

I will be doing more AI updates in the next few releases. Right now the python code doesn't understand going for a victory, so towards the end, the DLL takes over, which is painfully slow. :(

Heh, today morning I tried a few turns and started to encounter tactical cubes with 33 strength. How are we supposed to counter that? Other than stick to our borders and do not go anywhere. Also during the whole game, every exploration vessel, from Soyuz class (strength 1) to Intrepid class (strength 10) are totaly useless as there are always much stronger enemies and building these ships is just a waste of time. So this is just a suggestion for a future balancing.

You can load the intrepid class with up to 4 fighter units (defiant class) and it has quick attack and can attack multiple times per turn. It is by far the most deadly ship that federation has and is quite capable of taking down a tactical cube all by itself. In comparison, it took over 15 ships to take a cube down in the movie First Contact (and it still managed to wipe out all life on earth). In the original Star Trek Mod it had a strength of 50! You should be happy I took it down to 33!

I also recommend building some torpedo factories and loading your Light ships up with photon torpedoes, it makes a huge difference. You can not win this game with brute force, it requires strategy!

Is there aaaaany possibility of a mac version of this mod coming out?

I'd love to play!

Since I don't own a mac, there are a couple of options:

#1 All the source code is in the zip file. You could compile it yourself to run on mac.

#2 Install windows on your mac and dual boot.

#3 Buy me a mac and I'll get right on it!

Since I don't own a mac, there are a couple of options:

#1 All the source code is in the zip file. You could compile it yourself to run on mac.

#2 Install windows on your mac and dual boot.

#3 Buy me a mac and I'll get right on it!

I'll go with option 2 :) But, honestly, you deserve a new computer for all the work you've put into this.

Thanks again!

Moderator Action: *snip* spammy link removed.

You can load the intrepid class with up to 4 fighter units (defiant class) and it has quick attack and can attack multiple times per turn. It is by far the most deadly ship that federation has and is quite capable of taking down a tactical cube all by itself. In comparison, it took over 15 ships to take a cube down in the movie First Contact (and it still managed to wipe out all life on earth). In the original Star Trek Mod it had a strength of 50! You should be happy I took it down to 33!

I also recommend building some torpedo factories and loading your Light ships up with photon torpedoes, it makes a huge difference. You can not win this game with brute force, it requires strategy!

Well yes, but I also like to play the game as cannon as possible. And the idea of an Intrepid carrying not one, but 4 Defiants is simply too out of cannon :(

So far, building Sovereigns and Prometheuses has helped. But even with these I barely leave my borders. The problem is, that AI seems to be unable to counter this at all. Ferengi has just been wiped out by cubes. In the next game, I will definitely try the option for less aliens in the game.

Top Bottom