Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod

Sorry about that spammy link, everyone! I don't usually post on forums/I'm an idiot.

I'm curious if you've ever explored adding the parasite aliens featured in the TNG episode "The Conspiracy" into your MOD.

They were never really featured after that one episode but I've always thought they deserved more attention.

Well yes, but I also like to play the game as cannon as possible. And the idea of an Intrepid carrying not one, but 4 Defiants is simply too out of cannon :(

So far, building Sovereigns and Prometheuses has helped. But even with these I barely leave my borders. The problem is, that AI seems to be unable to counter this at all. Ferengi has just been wiped out by cubes. In the next game, I will definitely try the option for less aliens in the game.

I've never gotten so far as to have to fight off barb Cubes yet, but I do have seen a civ being wiped off the map by just barbs.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I'd kind of gotten used to the previous "smaller" ship scale; especially the Federation Starbase now looks humongous, stretching out into no less than 6 squares. But I do like their new Excel-soir class ships; French design, is it? ;)

I'll go with option 2 :) But, honestly, you deserve a new computer for all the work you've put into this.

Thanks again!

Moderator Action: *snip* spammy link removed.

Thank you. I have put a lot of work into it, but it wasn't me alone. I am standing on the shoulders of some great modders.

Lead Programmer and Designer:
Cpt. Tripps 2012

Based on work by:
Deanej (Star Trek Mod I)
Jon Shafer (Final Frontier Mod)
Apenpap (Expanded Star Trek Mod)
TC01 & God-Emperor (Final Frontier Plus Mod)
"Star Trek" Created by Gene Roddenberry

Copy Editor:
Jeelen

Play testing by:
Karma the Jedi
Jeelen

Special Thanks to:
God-Emperor
The_J
Padjur
The_guy

Well yes, but I also like to play the game as cannon as possible. And the idea of an Intrepid carrying not one, but 4 Defiants is simply too out of cannon :(

If you don't want to play the game as designed, I don't see how I can help you.

Oiginally the idea was to have delta flyers, but since I don't have milkshape (or know how to use it) I can't convert the model, So I used the default from STM1, which is the defiant.

If you don't want to play the game as designed, I don't see how I can help you.

Oiginally the idea was to have delta flyers, but since I don't have milkshape (or know how to use it) I can't convert the model, So I used the default from STM1, which is the defiant.

Well as I said, once I bulid the border protection and use big fleets when traveling outside borders, it is not such a big problem. But the AI needs some help. I mean to lose one city to aliens, why not, but being wiped out by them. After Ferengi were wiped out, Klingons were the next. Maybe make them to build the border protection as a priority?

Meanwhile I have started a new game, as the last one became too boring (I was building parts for transcendence and was researching future techs and there was nothing more to do just to press end of turn periodicaly). This time I have selected the option for lower amount of pirates so lets see what will happen later in the game.

"Maybe make them to build the border protection as a priority? "

I think that is a good idea. I was thinking the same thing after reading your post.

I have just discovered a typo in Excelsior. It states Excelsoir in the game. It is a detail though :)

I mentioned that a couple posts back... Anyway, I've just encountered my first Cubes (VIIs and VIII); so far, I'm not that impressed. One of them killed a Light IV, and one killed itself against one (I've just started deploying Heavy Is to my systems). What you need, however, is Exploration ships; with multiple attacks they are quite deadly. And these rogue ships don't get the Borg promotions, so...

Also, I'm not too worried about them eliminating rival civs: that's basically what the Borg are supposed to do - as well as the regular civs themselves, obviously. I'm not sure if I agree with the max strength reduction from 50 to 35. Unless there's an active Borg civ, they don't really threaten a human civ.

EDIT: I've just had a Cube VIII run into a Light III... and die (I did pound it with a Starbase II first, though). I'm at a loss why the AI can't cope with these pushovers; they barbs use Exploration ships quite effectively, I've noticed. Perhaps the AI civs haven't a clue?

Ran another test. Huge map again, 8 civs, NO ALIENS OR PIRATES. Went through with the world editor after launching a game and slimmed down the galaxy to around 4 solar systems per civ.

Again, all fine for a looooong time, very quick turn processing times until turn 437 when it suddenly shoots up to around 5 minutes a turn. Can't be the pirates cos they're aren't any, can't be a massive civ lagging the game out cos each has more or less 4 systems each.

Ran another test. Huge map again, 8 civs, NO ALIENS OR PIRATES. Went through with the world editor after launching a game and slimmed down the galaxy to around 4 solar systems per civ.

Again, all fine for a looooong time, very quick turn processing times until turn 437 when it suddenly shoots up to around 5 minutes a turn. Can't be the pirates cos they're aren't any, can't be a massive civ lagging the game out cos each has more or less 4 systems each.

Thanks. That is good to know. Like I said, towards the end of the game because the Python AI doesn't understand how to go for a victory, the DLL takes over and the DLL is very SLOW. This will improve as later versions come out.

Thanks. That is good to know. Like I said, towards the end of the game because the Python AI doesn't understand how to go for a victory, the DLL takes over and the DLL is very SLOW. This will improve as later versions come out.

???

The DLL is generally considered to be MUCH faster than Python...

I have just experienced another crash. I have set up the ini file as you instructed, but I am not sure which file are you interested in. So I am adding the log.txt, savegame and two pythons all packed to one zip. Please let me know if you need a different file.

http://www.ulozto.cz/xxFsPr8/crash-zip

EDIT: Hmm, loaded an earlier autoasve and no crash now. Strange.

EDIT2: A few turns later, this error jumps out on the screen

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/489/error1tf.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2045/error2tz.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7418/error3ls.jpg

I mentioned that a couple posts back... Anyway, I've just encountered my first Cubes (VIIs and VIII); so far, I'm not that impressed. One of them killed a Light IV, and one killed itself against one (I've just started deploying Heavy Is to my systems). What you need, however, is Exploration ships; with multiple attacks they are quite deadly. And these rogue ships don't get the Borg promotions, so...

Also, I'm not too worried about them eliminating rival civs: that's basically what the Borg are supposed to do - as well as the regular civs themselves, obviously. I'm not sure if I agree with the max strength reduction from 50 to 35. Unless there's an active Borg civ, they don't really threaten a human civ.

EDIT: I've just had a Cube VIII run into a Light III... and die (I did pound it with a Starbase II first, though). I'm at a loss why the AI can't cope with these pushovers; they barbs use Exploration ships quite effectively, I've noticed. Perhaps the AI civs haven't a clue?

Well but I have thought Borg are a playable race, just not included yet. And there is simply too much of them. Would it be possibe to remobe those high level tactical cubes completely? I am in the middle of game, yet nearly at the end of the tech tree, and it is almost impossible to leave by borders because of these cuber. Poor AI does not have a chance :(

Is the transcendence victory diasbled? I have just built the last part and nothing happened :(

I'd like to try/test w/e..but both links seem to be down. Error 404(Not Found):eek:

:edit: it appears to have to do w/ 'SourceForge' site. I also tried to d/l a different mod, also stored a 'SourceForge', with the same result.:badcomp:

any chance of alternate d/l site? :scan::scan::scan:

I'd like to try/test w/e..but both links seem to be down. Error 404(Not Found):eek:

:edit: it appears to have to do w/ 'SourceForge' site. I also tried to d/l a different mod, also stored a 'SourceForge', with the same result.:badcomp:

any chance of alternate d/l site? :scan::scan::scan:

I have just tried and the download works perfectly.

The First Federation deep space probe is missing the model. It shows as a small cube without textures.

Wow, that seems totally annoying...

:lol: That is the First Fed probe: a tiny cube with some colours.

I do not think so. A tiny cube with some colors (without textures) is a default model when the game can not load the correct one imho.

Top Bottom