1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: Return of the Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by odintheking, Aug 1, 2006.

1. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

its just that the buttons stand out, i wouldnt mind the shape, just the color seems as if its out of the blue, kinda out of place.

2. polyphemus

ok, i did a revised version of the player setup screen, the world setup screen and i did i title screen. The buttons i have not yet done, i think odin wants to do those.

@odin: If you could get some in game screenshots with the actual SW mod, that would be great, just let me know when you do them and post them here, also, please let me know before you go and edit it, so i dont end up poting all unorganized like in the player setup thread...

thanks

Oh, and the order is as such: Title screen (it looks mad in game), world setup screen, and player setup screen (i modified it a gave it semi-transparent backgrounds)

here is the zip which contains the pcx's of the screenshots

Attached Files:

3. Chris85

Chris85 Emperor

Those screens do look nice, I like the Darth Vader title screen :D

But, the backgrounds are way too dark. The black text should be easy to read.

4. polyphemus

which ones are too dark, i can read them perfectly

5. Chris85

Chris85 Emperor

On the player setup screen, the text where choose your civ and default rules are. I can read it if I get close to the monitor but it's ilegible if you're over 2 feet away where it should still be really easy to read. It's also like this on the world setup as well.

6. polyphemus

oh, i dont know if yuou remember me asking how to remove those text entries, i did remove them though, probably why you cant see them

7. Chris85

Chris85 Emperor

No. I'm talking about where it lists the civs on the left and the area where you check victory conditions and such.

8. polyphemus

yeah, i edited thos out of the text file

9. polyphemus

10. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

LOL, Vader looks so funny today with that big red button. Its a self-destruction starter! It plays music!

Its the magic "C`mon, khhhhhhhh, push it, if you got the cojones, khhhh.." button! :crazyeye:

Nice job, poly!

11. starwarscrazy

starwarscrazy Civ Fanatic

well i finished a rough draft of era 1.

what might be a major problem is that most of it has little to do with star wars, unless there could be a way to add in more things from say the jedi/sith conflicts, great hyperspace war, etc.

k here it is: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/AlexChivvy/073d79ef.jpg

also, is there a list of wonders/city improvements? i seem to remember chris making one . .

12. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Looks very interesting :)

Good job :D

13. polyphemus

thanks....

14. polyphemus

im going to try to get some more title screens up and have a vote off to see what the users think...

15. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Well, I'll change the buttons from green to red, :). The thing you did with the tranparency makes the text hard to read... I'll go ahead and stick with the other one. As for the world setup screen, remember to use these world screens made by sheepy for the world size, otherwise it looks great... I like the lightsabers. I kind of like Varlin's title screen better, though; it shows the subject matter better than just Darth Vader. PM me the interface files you're making, and I'll put them in the folder structure and stuff, so it's easier for modders to use, :). I currently only have a bare-bones biq, though, so no screenies for a while.

16. polyphemus

thats wierd, chris said the same thing, what text are you guys looking at, it is all very clear on my screen.

17. polyphemus

oh, and as for the title screens, im going to make a couple more so we have a variety to choose from

the reason why i like the vader screen is because the title "the empire strikes back" refers to a time when the empire was crippled , but then came back strong, which is displayed in vader as he looks like he has just been rekindled with power.

18. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Well, chris and I are too poor to afford super-nice, bright monitors, :lol:. We have cheapo ones...

19. polyphemus

dang it, so you want me to revert to the old version, a think the new semi-transparent one will look awsome...is it ok if we pose both versions to the users, and have them choose between them, it gives more of a variety and also a feelings that they were involved with the process, overall, a better sense of satisfaction.

20. polyphemus

for some reason my copy of winzip cant extract it, it says its a corrupt file, i tried it 3 times to no avail.