1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Mod Awakens 1.10

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

1. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Some more sound effects that you can hopefully use for this mod.

Imperial Death
    Imperial Fort
    Imperial Victory
    Droid starfighter run

Attached Files:

2. ajb

ajb Chieftain

Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering what the turn times are for higher CPU speeds, I've tried 2.4GHz and 2.2GHz (a newer model) and noticed a significant increase in turn time on the slower laptop (despite it hawing newer archetacutre), I'm suspecting by the time the CPU gets to 3.2GHz + turn times should be reasonable. . . . . . But I'm merely speculating, any feedback would be appreciated.

3. RedMaul

RedMaul Chieftain

I still need to get around to installing the revised mod and getting it off the ground - I am doubting if my PC is hefty enough to support it :)

4. ajb

ajb Chieftain

Meteor Man, I've been working on my "epic" version of your mod, I might have an update eventually (assuming there are people who like the "epic" build).

I looked at your channel, that "imperialism" mod is something else, I'll probably give it a try sometime (please post more civ mods you play, as I suspect our tastes on some things are quite similar).

5. Arexander

Arexander Trucker

Just a little heads-up, it seems having 40 or more songs will cause the 40th song to loop over and over again once reached. I haven't tested yet if having just 40 songs is enough to trigger it, but at least I've now confirmed that the bug exists on two different mods (I originally found this issue in Tides of Crimson, link leading to the latest find).

6. RedMaul

RedMaul Chieftain

Hi ajb - I have finally given a start to the mod-mod you posted a while back. It looks great, and it also brings to its knees my PC (i7 gen 8 2.6ghz) :)

7. ajb

ajb Chieftain

Ya I was able to find an old Pentium 4 with 3.2GHz it ran better than my more modern laptop of 2.2Ghz if you can believe that.

I am 99% complete an updated version of my "Epic" addition to the mod, this new one has many new features, such as. New buildings, updated graphics for numerous buildings, numerous graphical tweaking's. The galaxy will seem even more alive. Though it still has the same turn time issues, turn times should be significantly improved. Balancing has been changed a lot. The republic is in an extremely powerful position, the other remnant factions are quite a bit weaker. I designed it to be played as the Galactic Empire, but you can play as others (though the smaller the faction you play the worse the turn times). I can't remember all I've done I added some more "flavour" units Ewoks, Chewbacca (hero unit, weak, but just for fun), Wookiee's, I think a few others as well. Oh and I'm especially proud of resizing nearly ever single unit in the game to more appropriate sizes. Yes we can't have 1:1 ratios between the starships, but at least now a 2000m space craft will be obviously larger than a 50m space craft (the resizing was balanced with unit graphical degradation, so units should still look good).

Unfortunately I had to move quick for school and didn't upload any of the work I did anywhere. I think I'll be visiting the folks again this summer, I'll upload then. It 's a gem compared with the prior version I made (like I said before, turn times are improved).

If anyone reading this can make some suggestions for file upload places please reply as this will be an issue I'll have to solve (with all the graphical updates and unit resizing I can't remember the exact size, but it might be comparable in size to the original mod from Meteor Man.

Also I wanted to flush out Naboo, so any Naboo units would be great (preferably Naboo, not those Gungans), but if I can get a full roster I'm sold (I need the basic foot soldier, a heavy soldier, and an even heaver soldier/tank). Also I wanted to add the CIS robot tank, I couldn't get it to work, if anyone can make if functional I'd love to add that one.

Meteor Man likes this.
  8. Meteor Man

Meteor Man Cylindropuntia imbricata

ajb, you can upload the mod to Mod DB or MediaFire and then link it in the CivFanatics database

sounds great and also like you did a lot of work, am anxious to see the final product!

At some point I will upload the latest update for the OG version of the mod that includes fixes for some things like the music bug. I'm hard at work currently readying the OVERLORD mod for an initial release.

9. RedMaul

RedMaul Chieftain

Great news both ajb and Meteorman. Looking forward to trying the next iterations :)