Star Wars: The Mod Awakens

Star Wars: The Mod Awakens 1.11

Some more sound effects that you can hopefully use for this mod.

Imperial Death
Imperial Fort
Imperial Victory
Droid starfighter run

Attachments

• TMA Sounds.zip
    307.2 KB · Views: 75
For anyone interested in a Larger more Epic map (admittedly somewhat painful turn times should you not have a processor 3.0GHz or better as multi cores do not help) please see attached file (the .7z file will include the map as well as the updated Civilopedia).

I wanted to make as huge a map as I dare; to include 512 planets using Meteor Mans Star Wars mod.
Graphically the map is the same, the general mechanics are the same however, there are some differences as follows.
-Money is an issue most buildings cost, especially the production buildings.
-Ecumenopolis have the potential to be huge, they are quite a key asset and should be taken (I'm talking 100+ populations, will really help with cash and research).
-The map is aligned as precisely as possible with the cannon star wars planet locations which can be found online (I used the same site as Meteor Man), quite literally if there is a star, moon, planet etc. it aligns (as best as possible) with he cannon location.
- Several units have minor tweaks to their stats / abilities.
-Added several resources, various resource value changes.
-Land value changes (mainly movement costs).
-Research (unless starting as the Republic or perhaps the Galactic empire) will be slower, however don't worry as you have more time for the map.
-Production tree is changed, numerous buildings require other buildings to be built please refer to the Civilopedia.

Probably there is a bunch more changed, however I did not keep a log so I'm just including what I can think of off the top of my head.

I made the map to be played on the Yoda difficulty (that difficulty is modded) and the slightly less than normal AI aggression level.

I have tested it and to the best of my knowledge all the triggers and hidden resources work.

I would say this is a map for those who enjoy marathons.

Note: the map was made for fun, not balance, some nations like the New Republic will be extremely easy to win with, other nations like the Restored Empire will have challenges to say the least.

Installation Instructions: Place the map C:\CIV\GAME\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios (or wherever you installed the game). Place the Civilopedia C:\CIV\GAME\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios\Star Wars TMA\Text (or the related location depending on where you installed the game) Note: Save a copy of the original Civilopedia.
Please include the Civilopedia if you play this map! Numerous buildings require prerequisite buildings, without this Civilopedia you will be lost.

Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering what the turn times are for higher CPU speeds, I've tried 2.4GHz and 2.2GHz (a newer model) and noticed a significant increase in turn time on the slower laptop (despite it hawing newer archetacutre), I'm suspecting by the time the CPU gets to 3.2GHz + turn times should be reasonable. . . . . . But I'm merely speculating, any feedback would be appreciated.

I still need to get around to installing the revised mod and getting it off the ground - I am doubting if my PC is hefty enough to support it :)

Meteor Man, I've been working on my "epic" version of your mod, I might have an update eventually (assuming there are people who like the "epic" build).

I looked at your channel, that "imperialism" mod is something else, I'll probably give it a try sometime (please post more civ mods you play, as I suspect our tastes on some things are quite similar).

Just a little heads-up, it seems having 40 or more songs will cause the 40th song to loop over and over again once reached. I haven't tested yet if having just 40 songs is enough to trigger it, but at least I've now confirmed that the bug exists on two different mods (I originally found this issue in Tides of Crimson, link leading to the latest find).

Meteor Man, I've been working on my "epic" version of your mod, I might have an update eventually (assuming there are people who like the "epic" build).

I looked at your channel, that "imperialism" mod is something else, I'll probably give it a try sometime (please post more civ mods you play, as I suspect our tastes on some things are quite similar).
Hi ajb - I have finally given a start to the mod-mod you posted a while back. It looks great, and it also brings to its knees my PC (i7 gen 8 2.6ghz) :)

Hi ajb - I have finally given a start to the mod-mod you posted a while back. It looks great, and it also brings to its knees my PC (i7 gen 8 2.6ghz) :)

Ya I was able to find an old Pentium 4 with 3.2GHz it ran better than my more modern laptop of 2.2Ghz if you can believe that.

I am 99% complete an updated version of my "Epic" addition to the mod, this new one has many new features, such as. New buildings, updated graphics for numerous buildings, numerous graphical tweaking's. The galaxy will seem even more alive. Though it still has the same turn time issues, turn times should be significantly improved. Balancing has been changed a lot. The republic is in an extremely powerful position, the other remnant factions are quite a bit weaker. I designed it to be played as the Galactic Empire, but you can play as others (though the smaller the faction you play the worse the turn times). I can't remember all I've done I added some more "flavour" units Ewoks, Chewbacca (hero unit, weak, but just for fun), Wookiee's, I think a few others as well. Oh and I'm especially proud of resizing nearly ever single unit in the game to more appropriate sizes. Yes we can't have 1:1 ratios between the starships, but at least now a 2000m space craft will be obviously larger than a 50m space craft (the resizing was balanced with unit graphical degradation, so units should still look good).

Unfortunately I had to move quick for school and didn't upload any of the work I did anywhere. I think I'll be visiting the folks again this summer, I'll upload then. It 's a gem compared with the prior version I made (like I said before, turn times are improved).

If anyone reading this can make some suggestions for file upload places please reply as this will be an issue I'll have to solve (with all the graphical updates and unit resizing I can't remember the exact size, but it might be comparable in size to the original mod from Meteor Man.

Also I wanted to flush out Naboo, so any Naboo units would be great (preferably Naboo, not those Gungans), but if I can get a full roster I'm sold (I need the basic foot soldier, a heavy soldier, and an even heaver soldier/tank). Also I wanted to add the CIS robot tank, I couldn't get it to work, if anyone can make if functional I'd love to add that one.

ajb, you can upload the mod to Mod DB or MediaFire and then link it in the CivFanatics database

sounds great and also like you did a lot of work, am anxious to see the final product!

At some point I will upload the latest update for the OG version of the mod that includes fixes for some things like the music bug. I'm hard at work currently readying the OVERLORD mod for an initial release.

Great news both ajb and Meteorman. Looking forward to trying the next iterations :)

I am 99% complete an updated version of my "Epic" addition to the mod
At some point I will upload the latest update for the OG version of the mod that includes fixes for some things like the music bug. I'm hard at work currently readying the OVERLORD mod for an initial release.
I'm very much looking forward to these updates too! :)

If anyone reading this can make some suggestions for file upload places please reply as this will be an issue I'll have to solve (with all the graphical updates and unit resizing I can't remember the exact size, but it might be comparable in size to the original mod from Meteor Man.
Here's my regular 'spiel' which contains some instructions and recommendations that I usually give to Civ3 modders with large file hosting issues/concerns.

Firstly I recommend using the free 7zip on max compression settings to make a 7z file for your release. Rar is better than regular Zip but 7zip is better than rar and is one of the front runners for compression (Although I recently found out about ZPAQ's super compression but no one would have the required software sadly). For example I just downloaded Meteor Man's Star Wars TMA 1.10.zip 457MB zip file and recompressed it's contents with 7zip and was able to get it down to 370MB shaving quite a few megs off the file size! Better for you (uploading & hosting space wise) and better for any fans with slow download speeds.

Secondly I've noticed a lot of the long lost mods around this place have links to personal cloud storage, mega upload, mega nz, rapidshare, mediafire etc that sadly seem to time out after a couple of years (usually because they have a 'delete all files for inactive users' policy), so if you want a more reliable permanent hosting option elsewhere then I recommend ModDB.

Spoiler ModDB advice and guide :
You can either design a full mod page by going to the Civilization 3 section here and clicking on the + 'add mod' button which would allow you to create a full page with lots of pics, info and most importantly the files:
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-iii-conquests
(Click to expand example picture - I Accidentally had it on Civ2 instead of Civ3 when I took this snap but you get the idea haha)

ModDB will also host pictures and videos of the mod for you too, and even host blog like dev diaries & announcement articles to attract more fans to your work.

Here's my Civilization 2 Red Alert 2 scenario page if you want a example how one looks:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-2-red-alert-2-siege-of-new-york-scenario

Another example is from when I made a similar suggestion to Vindsval for his massive 1.5 gig Downfall Apocalypse Civ3 scenario that was sitting in personal cloud storage and he went and created this page for his mod:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-downfall

OR if you want the easiest quickest option then don't even make a mod page and just add your mod to the general Civ3 files/downloads section here instead (add file button is in the same place as on the mod page I showed above):
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-iii-conquests/downloads

ModDB file uploader has an AWESOME option to mirror an existing file download url so you may not even have to upload the file again (unless you make that new recompressed 7zip version ;) ) as it can probably easily make a copy of your existing download.
(Click to expand example picture)

I'm happy to do that for you (eg I made one for Drift's Master of Myrror Civ3 mod with his permission) as I know ModDB like the back of my hand these days (currently 12 projects on there and counting haha) but then you wouldn't have control over the download should you update the mod and would need me to update it which would suck a bit, so I usually recommend modders create their own pages.

I also have FTP upload access here at CivFanatics so I can upload a copy to here too if you want. However once again it would not be under your control and you'd need me for updates. Also I'm hearing talk from admins that they may be moving to something else for large file storage in the future so I'm not sure what's going to happen with it or how good the replacement will be.

Other stable long term free hosting alternatives include Internet Archive Org which I've been using to preserve hundreds of Civ2 scenarios and recently successfully did the Star Trek Civ3 mod on there as they support permanent file/pic/vid/chat hosting like ModDB, I recently found out about Nexus Mods supporting Civ3-6 and they are another popular mod file/pic/vid/chat hosting site, and even Sourceforge (which people think is just for source code but I've seen people use it to host regular mods as well) would you believe as they support free file/pic/vid/chat hosting too.
. . . .

Last edited:
I recently found out about Nexus Mods supporting Civ3-6 and they are another popular mod file/pic/vid/chat hosting site, and even Sourceforge (which people think is just for source code but I've seen people use it to host regular mods as well) would you believe as they support free file/pic/vid/chat hosting too.
A major caveat with Nexus is that you need an account to download anything.

SourceForge is fairly reliable, though it had issues with unsolicited adware until new management took over in 2016.

A major caveat with Nexus is that you need an account to download anything.

SourceForge is fairly reliable, though it had issues with unsolicited adware until new management took over in 2016.
Ahh yes I'd forgotten that, that sucks a bit. An even bigger caveat was them getting hacked about 8 or so years ago and everyone's logins getting leaked. I really enjoyed having to change my login at heaps of places after that, learned my lesson in making them all different though lol. Hopefully they learned their lesson too and are more secure these days as it hasn't happened since and they're a much bigger site now

Yeah at this stage ModDB and Internet Archive are still my top 2 outside of CivFanatics hosting. The others should only be considered for creating extra mirrors.

Meteor Man, Thorvald of Lym, Blake00 thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into that when uploading.

On a side note, anyone know where someone can find a No Raze, No Pollution, No purple line exe?

Also, sort of some catastrophic event, I should have the updated "epic" mod available for download by the end of this month!

Don't know if it totally fixes pollution, but Flintlock's mod is basically the Civ3 ToTPP.
Thanks, I also find something that looks like it will work here. As far as I can tell the Civ3Conquests_NoRaze_NCL_NoPollution file is the one you want (has increased unit limit (included in no city limit patch) no raze and no pollution).

Thing is the Submarine bug (which seems to be fixed in other exe fixes) is utilized as a war trigger in this mod (we need that "bug" to still exist).

Last edited:
Thanks, I was also find something that worked quite well here which goes over some of the various patches.
Thing is the Submarine bug (which seems to be fixed in other exe fixes) is utilized as a war trigger in this mod (we need that "bug" to still exist).
The Antal1987 exe is great, but the Flintlock mod, which in parts is based on the work of Antal1987, is much more sophisticated and in its default.C3x_Config file highly configurable with a simple text editor. Per example, if the fix for the submarine bug should not be enabled as it is used as a war trigger, simply set the line "patch_submarine_bug with a text editor from = true to = false and save that change in the config file. It is now even possible to do separate config files for mods and scenarios.

As the Flintlock mod offers an additional cornucopia of fantastic new options in modding C3C, in my eyes it is this mod, that shows the modding of C3C "the way to the stars". :)

Flintlock Mod.jpg

The Antal1987 exe is great, but the Flintlock mod, which in parts is based on the work of Antal1987, is much more sophisticated and in its default.C3x_Config file highly configurable with a simple text editor. Per example, if the fix for the submarine bug should not be enabled as it is used as a war trigger, simply set the line "patch_submarine_bug with a text editor from = true to = false and save that change in the config file. It is now even possible to do separate config files for mods and scenarios.

As the Flintlock mod offers an additional cornucopia of fantastic new options in modding C3C, in my eyes it is this mod, that shows the modding of C3C "the way to the stars". :)

View attachment 637248
Ok wow, thank you, I'll look into this, wow wow wow (the customizability is nuts)!

It is with much pleasure I'd like to provide an update to the "epic mod" found here https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-mod-awakens-epic-mod (should be available for download by tomorrow (Aug. 29th, 2022).

Updates include but are not limited to: some graphical changes, new resources, optimization of turn times (still crazy long but a bit better), numerous new buildings and units (including Ewoks, and fortress worlds). Tweaking of triggers and rules, build paths etc. The Civilopedia has been updated with exception to flavour updates (background descriptions, mod description etc.), basically background information witch won't impact your understanding of how the building tree works. An are which I might not have articulated accurately is you need various levels of star ports for most buildings. As so many buildings require star ports linking them all will cause that hyperlink error, as such read the description of the building if you feel you should be able to build something yet can't, it will explain what is needed.

Units I do remember adding are: Ewok, Jawa, Wookee, Droideka
Buildings I do remember adding are: Rebel Outpost, Endor Base, Underworld, Luxury Apartments, Modular Shipbuilding Facilty, Medical Academy, Fortress World, Commerce Guild Bank, (more???), of special interest is the Galactic Senate (Jedi) and Galactic Senate (Defunct) <-- for when the Empire rightfully takes back Coruscant from the pathetic Republic and those squabbling bureaucrats (please read this last bit in Emperor Palpatine's voice).

Some techs have been altered, some resources I'm especially pleased with are the strategic resource Shawken Spire, and The Maw.

Most ground and naval (ISDs etc.) units have been resized so it is a bit more obvious what you are coming against. No longer are you going to have your ISD coming against some 200m Interceptor IV-Class Frigate and get confused into thinking its anything other than your first catch of the day.

I the "Epic" version of Meteor Man's mod is playable though I need to add some polish to the Civilopedia just to help clean things up a bit. I might have time by Christmas to have a bit of a polish update (though really it won't add much). Longer term if I can figure out why Flintlock's exe mod does not work for my one machine, I was thinking of utilizing some of the features (though I'd need to work on seeing how the ai handles this). Off the top of my head I'm thinking ISDs and similar craft only buildable around Shipyard worlds, having a foundry or something which produces Durasteel by combining Zersium and Lommite. Long time away for those ideas though.

Please let me know if the download works, and I'd be especially appreciative if others (thinking you Blake00) uploaded the "epic" mod elsewhere (I'd hate to lose the work I've put into this).

Once again thank you Meteor Man for letting me muck around with your mod, and thank you for putting your mod together so brilliantly!

Attachments

• CommerceGuild.png
    CommerceGuild.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 46
  • CoreWorldManufacturing.png
    CoreWorldManufacturing.png
    147 KB · Views: 55
  • Coruscant.png
    Coruscant.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 56
  • EndorBase.png
    EndorBase.png
    204 KB · Views: 56
  • Hutts.png
    Hutts.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 53
  • MawInstallation.png
    MawInstallation.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 52
  • ModularShipyardFacility.png
    ModularShipyardFacility.png
    433.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Shawken.png
    Shawken.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Taul.png
    Taul.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Wow! An even bigger version of the amazing Mod Awakens, used 7z compression to keep the size down, used moddb as the host and created a nice page.. love your work! Only critique I'd give is on the summary page and the download page where you mention the original mod and credit Meteor Man you should probably turn that text into a link to this thread. If the mod becomes popular with all the people there then they should be able to have easy access to the original mod here since they can't see all the work he did over there as Meteor Man chose not to use ModDB. Also the EpicMod.7z file name is a bit too generic (eg imagine it after its taken off your page, passed around, sitting on hard drives etc). Maybe SW_TMA_EpicMod, StarWars_EpicMod, or StarWarsTMA_EpicMod might work better. Small things though so not the end of the world haha.

Yup I can stick a copy of it on CFC if you'd like. :)

Wow! An even bigger version of the amazing Mod Awakens, used 7z compression to keep the size down, used moddb as the host and created a nice page.. love your work! Only critique I'd give is on the summary page and the download page where you mention the original mod and credit Meteor Man you should probably turn that text into a link to this thread. If the mod becomes popular with all the people there then they should be able to have easy access to the original mod here since they can't see all the work he did over there as Meteor Man chose not to use ModDB. Also the EpicMod.7z file name is a bit too generic (eg imagine it after its taken off your page, passed around, sitting on hard drives etc). Maybe SW_TMA_EpicMod, StarWars_EpicMod, or StarWarsTMA_EpicMod might work better. Small things though so not the end of the world haha.

Yup I can stick a copy of it on CFC if you'd like. :)
Thanks! I appreciate the critique on the summary as well as the link recommendation. . . if you give an idiot "do this, and that" instructional I'll change the name of the downloaded file. Life is extremely hectic right now, so uploading this was more or less all the time I can spend on it. I might have some time around Christmas as I mentioned to provide more polish. With that said, any feedback will be noted and when I have time I'll look into!

Once again thanks!

Top Bottom