Star Wars: The Mod Awakens

Star Wars: The Mod Awakens 1.11

Great scenario Meteor Man! I downloaded an older version of it a while back and loved it! I must give your new update a go. I used to be a huge star wars fanatic until the dark times of Kathleen Kennedy and Disney. Your mod will bring back the good old memories of pre-disney star wars! :thumbsup:

I am very glad to see you back and active again, Moff! :) Thanks for giving my mod a try. Hopefully the inclusion of New Canon material in this mod won't turn you off. My view on it is: the more the merrier.

Hehe. Well the fact that the New Canon material is added by a Civfanatic means that it won't be corny. I'll keep an open mind.

I downloaded and played the latest version of the scenario. (TMA 1.10)

You've really done a great job creating an immersive Star Wars environment complete with great detail. I almost forgot I was playing C3C!

One question for you. I can't remember if a tech needs to be discovered to build 'worker' units or if the 'worker' unit is auto spawned. Didn't see anything in the wookiepedia in game but I didn't look closely as I should have.

You've really done a great job creating an immersive Star Wars environment complete with great detail. I almost forgot I was playing C3C!

One question for you. I can't remember if a tech needs to be discovered to build 'worker' units or if the 'worker' unit is auto spawned. Didn't see anything in the wookiepedia in game but I didn't look closely as I should have.

It is auto spawned. That's a great mod indeed.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Yes, worker units (Constructors) are auto-produced by the capital and by Sector Commands. Apologies for the late reply.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Yes, worker units (Constructors) are auto-produced by the capital and by Sector Commands. Apologies for the late reply.

Thanks for the reply, late or otherwise. :thumbsup:

It's been a couple of weeks since I've played the scenario. I have however been spending time collecting various sounds effects for this scenario. I'll share them once I get them converted into the proper format.

Thanks for the reply, late or otherwise. :thumbsup:

It's been a couple of weeks since I've played the scenario. I have however been spending time collecting various sounds effects for this scenario. I'll share them once I get them converted into the proper format.

That would be amazing, Moff! It would be great fun to have Star Wars sound effects for button clicks or to replace the old Songbirds from Vanilla with some R2D2 chirping or something. The weapon sound variety is also sorely lacking. I should be doing the same, honestly! I could probably find all kinds of good stuff on YouTube.

Great scenario Meteor Man! I downloaded an older version of it a while back and loved it! I must give your new update a go. I used to be a huge star wars fanatic until the dark times of Kathleen Kennedy and Disney. Your mod will bring back the good old memories of pre-disney star wars! :thumbsup:

Indeed

Hi Meteor Man. As promised I've converted some Star Wars sounds I found on the internet to be compatible with C3C. Check them out and see if you can use them in your scenario.

Attachments

• SW-Sounds.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
Hi, Meteor Man. I'm almost new at Civ3 (although I played in the past Civ1 and Civ5) and at TMA... but I'm really fond of your great and keen work: respect&gratitude!!! Getting a lot of fun playing First Order (form of government: Sith Empire), but, being almost a rookie, I face some little problems I can't work out (I tried also searching through Wookieepedia, but without success). Here they are:
1) I was very lucky (!) and at some point I stumbled upon Katana Fleet: now all ships are in a planet under my control, but I can't upgrade them (although the planet can already build Slave-rigged Dreadnoughts). What have I to do to upgrade them?
2) I got Advances Hero I-II-III, but, on the face of it, Kylo Ren Finalizer doesn't upgrade (the stats are still the starting ones). What can I do?
I apologize if these are silly questions for experienced players (and also apologize for my low-level english!), but... I will be very grateful for your help!!!

WOW! I definitely need to try this mod!!

And the winner for the best ever looking tech screen in a Civ3 mod goes to... :O

HKvVlmQ.png

Last edited:
Hi, Meteor Man. I'm almost new at Civ3 (although I played in the past Civ1 and Civ5) and at TMA... but I'm really fond of your great and keen work: respect&gratitude!!! Getting a lot of fun playing First Order (form of government: Sith Empire), but, being almost a rookie, I face some little problems I can't work out (I tried also searching through Wookieepedia, but without success). Here they are:
1) I was very lucky (!) and at some point I stumbled upon Katana Fleet: now all ships are in a planet under my control, but I can't upgrade them (although the planet can already build Slave-rigged Dreadnoughts). What have I to do to upgrade them?
2) I got Advances Hero I-II-III, but, on the face of it, Kylo Ren Finalizer doesn't upgrade (the stats are still the starting ones). What can I do?
I apologize if these are silly questions for experienced players (and also apologize for my low-level english!), but... I will be very grateful for your help!!!

Well I double checked the editor and there seems to be no problems on that end. Are you sure you have enough credits to actually upgrade? Also, you can only upgrade units on planets with a Drydock, Extensive Orbital Shipyards, Starport V, or a military academy. There should be a little Galactic Empire rank badge next to planets that have these.

So sorry for the long response time! I should check this thread more often.

WOW! I definitely need to try this mod!!

Give it a shot, let me know how it goes. :)

Thanks! Have downloaded it and can't wait to try it next chance I get. :)

Btw using 7zip I got your mod down to 362mb nearly shaving 100 megs off the download! Might want to consider packing with that for future releases to save space, upload time and download time.

I did use 7zip to archive the file :lol: I am unsure of what you mean. You should have downloaded a .zip or .rar file.

I did use 7zip to archive the file :lol: I am unsure of what you mean. You should have downloaded a .zip or .rar file.

I can tell you don't know what I mean haha as 7zip files are have an extension of .7z

So if you're using the wonderful 7zip program just to put files in cr*ppy old classic zip format that's hilarious hahaha. Boy have you been missing out!!!

Grab your mod files, select add to archive, change the archive format from zip to 7z (true 7zip format instead of classic old zip) and then set everything else to max like I've done in the pic below and you should be able to get your mod compressed down to 362mb which is nearly 100 megs less than the zip file you're currently using. :)

7zip.png

7zip2.png

Last edited:
I can tell you don't know what I mean haha as 7zip files are have an extension of .7z

So if you're using the wonderful 7zip program just to put files in cr*ppy old classic zip format that's hilarious hahaha. Boy have you been missing out!!!

Grab your mod files, select add to archive, change the archive format from zip to 7z (true 7zip format instead of classic old zip) and then set everything else to max like I've done in the pic below and you should be able to get your mod compressed down to 362mb which is nearly 100 megs less than the zip file you're currently using. :)

Wow I'm a moron when it comes to computers :lol: thanks for letting me know that little trick!

What I'm saying is V4 doesn't have the No-raze and the versions with no-raze don't have the civilopedia fix. And the no-raze is far more important.

Hi Meteor Man,

in the CCM2 thread Tsubasanut posted a C3C exe that combines the No-raze patch, the civilopedia fix and added the no units-limit and (unfortunately) also the No-city-limits patch to that exe. The Tsubasanut exe can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-14#post-15439894

I made some tests with that exe and both the No-raze patch and the civilopedia fix seem to work. I have not tested the no-units-limit, if 8192 units on the map now can be exceeded. The No-City-Limits (NCL) patch allows to exceed the normal maximum number of 512 cities on the map, but as it is with the old patch posted by Knuckles, runs into severe memory problems starting with city 543. When City 543 is founded, none of the advisor windows could be opened any longer. The game still can be saved and some more cities can be founded with the city screen opening (up to city 556), but when any of the advisor screens is opened, I got a freeze of the game. When city 557 is founded, the game completely freezes.

So at present this exe seems to be dangerous for scenarios and mods that allow settlers to found new cities (as here is the danger of freezing the game, starting with city 543 that is founded by the player or by the AI), but it seems to be the best choice for scenarios with preset cities on the map and no settler units in the game, as it is SOE. May be this exe can be interesting for you, too.

Last edited:
Hi Meteor Man,

in the CCM2 thread Tsubasanut posted a C3C exe that combines the No-raze patch, the civilopedia fix and added the no units-limit and (unfortunately) also the No-city-limits patch to that exe. The Tsubasanut exe can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-14#post-15439894

I made some tests with that exe and both the No-raze patch and the civilopedia fix seem to work. I have not tested the no-units-limit, if 8192 units on the map now can be exceeded. The No-City-Limits (NCL) patch allows to exceed the normal maximum number of 512 cities on the map, but as it is with the old patch posted by Knuckles, runs into severe memory problems starting with city 543. When City 543 is founded, none of the advisor windows could be opened any longer. The game still can be saved and some more cities can be founded with the city screen opening (up to city 556), but when any of the advisor screens is opened, I got a freeze of the game. When city 557 is founded, the game completely freezes.

So at present this exe seems to be dangerous for scenarios and mods that allow settlers to found new cities (as here is the danger of freezing the game, starting with city 543 that is founded by the player or by the AI), but it seems to be the best choice for scenarios with preset cities on the map and no settler units in the game, as it is SOE. May be this exe can be interesting for you, too.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention, Civinator! I will check this out.

Right now the best thing about this is the civilopedia fix. I've trended towards creating scenarios with smaller city counts simply because I do not enjoy long turn times. I've never really had a problem with the city limit for this reason, nor the units limit. A larger units limit might be useful, but honestly I don't want to create a scenario with greater than 8192 units on the map, anyway. I shy away from playing scenarios like AnthonyBoscia's Third World War 1989 because the sheer number of units on the map is just too intimidating, turns would take too long. My ideal scenarios are smaller and faster.

Got to say Brilliant mod, love it, the sounds, the music the units, the map everything.

I am however having rather long wait times between turns. . . first couple were long as you indicated, then the speed improved a lot, however after trading galaxy maps with everyone, the wait times are forever (not sure if this is the cause). Any helpful hints. . . I'm playing as one of the smaller factions, not sure if having the computer run all the large ones is why this is happening.

Top Bottom