Stargate SG-1 Battle At Dakara Preview Thread

Spacer, do you have the Jaffa guards you want, or do you still want me to take a whack as the Horus guards and/or Jaffa myself.... I got some props and such for making the Horus Jaffa, like what Ra had, and I could probably adapt them for making regular Jaffa....

But that's when I get my elfy girls done.

OOooo I have been toying with modeling a staff weapon so I can C-n-P it onto Kinboats Egyptian spearmen...

If you were willing to do a Jaffa I would be forever grateful...and if you do it in bryce...send me the model(animations if you are ok with that) and I will turn them into the various versions(Ra/Horus/Anubis guards...with the roll away head peice things)) as well as several others I want to try(Jaffa with Staff Cannon...A Tealc that upgrades to hold the Deathglider cannon...as well as Apophis guards who have a differnt color style)...if you would like, I can collect pics for ya...but Yes!!

As far as time, Im not in any huge hurry, the SG-1 scenario is not getting updated until I finish my current project(unannounced MOD...no theme...Im thinking to call it CIV3 deluxe)...but if you were to do the Jaffa, Im sure the 110 people who have d/l the scenario(since I U/L it to the Database) will also thank you...

Note: as a virtual n00b I am very happy that 110 people have d/l my scanario...I know it isnt as many as some, but I like to brag a bit...

Well, all the Jaffa Props and stuff I have are for Poser 5, so I'll be doing the unit in Poser, thank you very much.... Especially since Poser is much easier to do humans in. All I'm going to guarantee are the regular and horus jaffa, though.

whoo hoo...guarantees rule!!

dont feel guilty if you end up bumping it down your to-do-list a bit...the scenario isnt going anywhere...

Horus Jaffa = Movie version??

regular = just the armor and staff?...

just checking for future planning :) thanks in advance

Yeah that's what I meant.

I was going to make the Horus Jaffa as well as a Wriath Dart for an unspecified possible Generic SG mod that has factions from all the SGs (Movie, SG-1 and Atlantis), and the Regular Jaffa will be the SG-1 Jaffa.....

Speaking of which, do you know when the second season SG Atlantis DVD box set will be available? I don't have TV (got tired of sitting through 30 minutes of crappy, sleazy commercials to watch a 1 hr TV show), so I'm a bit behind on both series.....

I already got all the box sets for SG-1, thus far.... Unless they've released one that I haven't found out about yet.

Any chance of a full galaxy version? My little bro has been working on that I can't post it now though because he added a few unit graphics I'de have to find. But is there any chance of an official version of it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakara

or check the more reliable source for yourslef...

www.gateworld.net

click omnipedia then planets from the drop down...its on the first page as one of the most popular planet searches...

@NC-1701(No A B C Or Bloody D - Scotty)
a full Galaxy version??? Explain...if you mean a full Epic MOD of Stargate, then yes, it is in progress... There is ALOT of graphical work that needs to be done, as techknology is completely different for almost every Civ...and that requires many buildings and units...and I have been trying for a year to get someone to make a Jaffa(so many promises, but the latest is genuine so it IS gonna happen...Thank you Hikaro)...but imagine how many units are needed...the NOX, Tollan, Asgard, Ori, Jaffa, Goa'uld, and Furlings, just to name a few major races....ships and ground units...and in all the time CIV3 has been out, we have yet to figure how to translate the Stargate system properly...

In the meantime, expect my next project to be a Goa'uld Scenario...faeturing a feudalistic battle between system lords...

Spacer One said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakara

or check the more reliable source for yourslef...

www.gateworld.net

click omnipedia then planets from the drop down...its on the first page as one of the most popular planet searches...

@NC-1701(No A B C Or Bloody D - Scotty)
a full Galaxy version??? Explain...if you mean a full Epic MOD of Stargate, then yes, it is in progress... There is ALOT of graphical work that needs to be done, as techknology is completely different for almost every Civ...and that requires many buildings and units...and I have been trying for a year to get someone to make a Jaffa(so many promises, but the latest is genuine so it IS gonna happen...Thank you Hikaro)...but imagine how many units are needed...the NOX, Tollan, Asgard, Ori, Jaffa, Goa'uld, and Furlings, just to name a few major races....ships and ground units...and in all the time CIV3 has been out, we have yet to figure how to translate the Stargate system properly...

In the meantime, expect my next project to be a Goa'uld Scenario...faeturing a feudalistic battle between system lords...

Ko0l. As for the stargates can't you use airfields with rebase?

then stargates must be controlled by the transported...the stargate network couldnt be used "hostily" for example, the Iris becomes useless, as noone can use your stargate...Also you could only transport one person "from" each stargate every turn(only one person may use an airport to "take off" every turn)

we have discussed everything from Airfields, to invisible rails connecting the stargates(wont work, enemies could block stargate travel, and even "pillage" the "wormhole")...currently, I am toying with the hacked editor and the "teleport" option...making the Stargate a telepad, and all the ground units teleportable...however the problem Ive got here is you dont have to be at a Stargate to transport(trying to figure how to explain it as transport beams or something)...

Spacer One said:
then stargates must be controlled by the transported...the stargate network couldnt be used "hostily" for example, the Iris becomes useless, as noone can use your stargate...Also you could only transport one person "from" each stargate every turn(only one person may use an airport to "take off" every turn)

we have discussed everything from Airfields, to invisible rails connecting the stargates(wont work, enemies could block stargate travel, and even "pillage" the "wormhole")...currently, I am toying with the hacked editor and the "teleport" option...making the Stargate a telepad, and all the ground units teleportable...however the problem Ive got here is you dont have to be at a Stargate to transport(trying to figure how to explain it as transport beams or something)...

Well you can just assume that if an enemy is guarding the airfield so you can't use it then it has the equivalent of an iris over it. In stargate they never send entire diviions through so one person a turn seems reasonable to me. It certainly seems better than rails or teleports.

nc-1701 said:
Well you can just assume that if an enemy is guarding the airfield so you can't use it then it has the equivalent of an iris over it. In stargate they never send entire diviions through so one person a turn seems reasonable to me. It certainly seems better than rails or teleports.

Um...no...I can think of several examples of large groups of persons traveling through the gate...like for example...hundreds of replicators pouring through...or in the first episode of season 1 when the Jaffa come through...in the episode where we first see the Berlinsker(sp?) the Jaffa retreat through the gate by the dozens...

what Im trying to say is that there can be a limit on number of units, so the airfield is NOT an option in my MOD...if you disagree, you are free to try to get it to work in a seperate scenario/mod. We discussed it at great length in the original planning thread. You might wanna track that down...

As far as teleport, since every unit can use it independantly, and the only visible limit is that you cant teleport if you have 1 HP(because for some reason teleporting takes away a HP)...its my best option to date...I am testing now, so if you can think of a situation to test it in lemme know...

do you think you could post the units(animations/sounds/config/ect.) seperatlly (either seperatlly or in a pack)?

So...you want the units I used for Stargate in a pack?? I cant really do that, since none of the units are "mine"...they are all done by other artists...

My suggestion is D/L the scenario, since the original purpose was to do exactly what you want...to get all the stargate graphics in one place...

i dont have c3c yet(wont get it for a while) but could you post the links to the units?

you can d/l the scenario...all the units are in it...it would be just as easy for you to search the unit forum for the units as it would me, and I have other more pressing matters...my point being, that if you d/l the scenario, the units are in it, and you can extract them easily...if you want to do it the hard way...here is the credits.txt from the scenario:

Dawa Soldier(SGC Infantry) Utahjazz
Death Glider/f032/x303-Prometheus by Bjornlo
Marine Munit by Kryten
Asgard Mothership by TheMorpheus
Replicator Cruiser/Ha'Tak/Al'Kesh/Daedalus/Gate Ship By Flamand
African Pikeman(Teal'c) By: Dease
Egyptian Pikeman(Bra'Tak) By: Dease
Anubis Guard/Horus Guard/Egyptian Pikeman(Jaffa) by Kinboat/designed by Kal-el
Crawler(Replicator) by Level/Resize by unknown, additional support by Weasel Op
Engineer(Technician) By PESOLOCO
Female Marine(Samantha Carter) by CivArmy
Laser Infantry(Kull Warrior) Ok, I forget who this was by, I believe it Bebro from the Xcom pack, but Im not sure...if you did it, let me know...
Seperatist(Jack Oneill) by UtahJazz
Shadow Infantry(SGC Elite)

[edit] P.S. even if you dont have Conquests, you can still get the units in the d/l, as they have altered sounds. Like Staff blasts...Jaffa boots for the run animation...Zat blasts...etc...

Top Bottom