Stargate SG-1: The Battle At Dakara Beta

well I wanted to try it but I didn't know what to do once I got the folder, I unzipped it but had no clue where the art/stuff should go.

It's a pretty fun scenario. The interface is really good, like the sea looking like a galaxy, and the civilopedia/screenshots from the show are incredible. Plus you added elements from the show to make the game more like it. The only question I have is how come the Jack O'Neil unit in the start of the game in the SGC is named George Hammond?

Suggestion for improvement. Perhaps make it so animated battles with Jaffa have those firing rod things that actually fire something and sound effects would make it even better.

if you have seen the episode this is based on...Baal provides essential assistance to Samantha Carter(Baal configures all the gates to dial at the same time) so that she can defeat the replicators, and undermind Anubis...so while they cant share victory, they can work together a bit...

this episode is based on the Battle At Dakara as seen in Season 8 episodes 15&16 IIRC...where the Jaffa claim the temple and the replicators are defeated...

as far as proper Jaffa units...they are being worked on, but units that are very specific are hard to get the unit makers to do, and I am just learning unit creation...
Rest assured that in the future, the Jaffa will not be spearmen...

as far as sounds, I did the sounds myself, Zats and Staff blasts, as well as run/fire sounds for the ships, pulled from the episodes...you might have the sound off...or it is possible that they arent included, but Im pretty sure they are...

Also...the Jack O'neil unit is named General Hammond????I have no idea why that is...I will investigate, but its not like that in my version

that was a hard thing to fix...if I bump them up even 1 point of attack or def...they are REAL hard to kill, and on the harder levels would overrun the planet in 10-15 rounds...

if it is too easy...play on a harder level...If the replicators are too easy, you should try the DVD BOX set setting IIRC

do you think you could post the units (w/ sounds/animations/config/ect.)seperate for download either seperatlly or in a pack?

Ok, Spacer One, so will the problems be fixed in a new download or is all hope lost :)? The mod is very cool but there all some issues like for instance all the leaders are named general hammond:confused: and samantha carter and jack o'niell are also named general hammond....btw why are anubis an baal girls????:eek: Other than that everything really quite good. Congrats with the SG Team unit, its my fav cuz they kick butt against the replicators.:scan:
If the probs are fixed in the download tell me cuz im like a big fan. Also when i play, i changed the SGC city graphs with the replicators because i think the replicators cities look awesome.

PS. If you don't remember me, I'm the guy that pmed you and said how awesome your mod is:D

Im a big liar...this project is all but dropped...I have been fruitlessly working on C-N-Ping the Egytian spearmen into Jaffa (Just trying to make the staff blasts has turned out to be more work than I can do...I have more respect for the unit C-N-Pers than some of the unit creators...that shyte is hard)

I look and see 1000+ DLs...so if there is enough interest, I will touch up the scenario and fix the stupid bugs that I keep over looking, finish the Pedia, etc...But it is 100% playable as is, and if people are content great...this whole thing turned into more than I ever wanted to deal with...I just wanted to compile the SG graphics in one scenario so others could make other scenarios...but SG-1 is a popular subject, and I am here for the players as much as myself...so...

Speak up, and I'll get fixin

If you or someone else will create more units for Stargate such as the Jaffa, O'Neill & Daniel Jackson Asgard ships, Kull Warriors, Ori units, etc. I was planning on creating a Stargate scenario after my Clone Wars is done.

Top Bottom