• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Stargate SG1 mod

How should i make my Sg1 mod?

• With all civilizations in 1 scenario

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • With many dif. scenarios of missions SG1 has undertaken

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters
The non-water space was one of the many options I had thrown out when they first brought up the idea.....

On the current rail method in use.... If the terrain the rail is on is impassible to wheeled units, then those units will not enter the rail line unless the rail extends onto a tile they can enter. Thus all non-gateable ground units will be wheeled (even if they have feet) and all gateable ground units will be foot.

However, once a road is built from city to stargate then those units may be able to enter the stargate.... That will have to be checked when there is a playable scenario/mod to test with (with some actual stargate units). It has been awhile since the terrain was made and I don't remember how I set up the test rules.. I'll have to download it and see.

But what about preventing the gateable units form just wondering into space...

Well, if water is used for the space tile then they won't...
If land is used for the space tile then it would be a tile that is impassable to wheeled units and the only units that can build roads would be set to wheeled. Right now, I think the water option is currently the tile of choice...
The water option though requires placing cities on the "coast" line if you want to build spaceships -- may possibly cause conflicts with resource requirements depending upon where resources lie..... But hey, we'll work these things out as the mod gets to a playable state...

I am not vgery familiar with the story, but I had a few questions coming up while reading through:
- Will the AI handle all this correct?
- If the gates are implemented through railways, what will happen if the infrastructure is razed by a marauding enemy?

pinktilapia said:
I am not vgery familiar with the story, but I had a few questions coming up while reading through:
- Will the AI handle all this correct?
Don't know for sure. Probably not....
- If the gates are implemented through railways, what will happen if the infrastructure is razed by a marauding enemy?
My guess would be, those particular gates affected would be inaccessible until the Asgaard or Ancients could come and fix them....

Well ive made my own little stargate mod to satisfy the hunger while i wait for killer's mod. What i keep seeing the AI do is fortify right out side another person Worm hole so the other person can not get out. And if put the Tundra terrain movement cost down to zero your you can move even if they raze it unless you have tundra impassable by wheeled and have units that are wheeled.

How is the C3C scenario progressing? Just have to ask when C3C players will be able to enjoy this excellent scenario as I don't have CivII on my computer.

there hasn't been any talk here for a while... is it dead, is it finished, what?

If it's dead, I'd like to get my hands on some units for myself, I cannot find any published anywhere, so it would be much appreciated if you could at least put out some of the units...

If it's alive and well, I can wait...

It is currently dead because killer_J27 is the one who started it, has all the graphics and mod files, and he has dissapeared completely. He did say something about being grounded so he coudn't go online. If that is still the reason why he has not posted here than he will be back eventually and there is still hope.

hey every1 im soo sorry that i havnt bin on in forever. My computeer got messed up and i cant even log into my computer. im at a frends right now.
my computer should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.
Ive still (luckily) got the files of the in progress stargate mod saved to a disc.
once my computer gets fixed im gonna work as hard as possible on the stargate mod. Once again im soo sorry bout not being on but dont worry ill be relly active soon.

WELCOME BACK
Yeah, I really had thought you were never going to come back since it had been such a long time but I am very happy that this mod will be worked on again, I was worried this mod would be permanantly dead.

EDIT:
600 POSTS!!! :clap: :bounce: :banana: :band: [party] [dance]

stargate is an awesome show i'm only mad at myself for not thinking of it first..........jk great idea though

Yea im been wondering if I could somehow help out with this scenario. I can't make units but im sure i could do something that could be usefull. Maybe editing pedia or something let me know

This is going no where....

Top Bottom