Stargate SG1 mod

How should i make my Sg1 mod?

• With all civilizations in 1 scenario

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • With many dif. scenarios of missions SG1 has undertaken

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters
This looks interesting what Civs would be in the mod? Maybe...

1. SGC
2. Apophis Gould
3. Horus Gould
4. So' Kar Gould
5. Ua Gould
6. Bal Gould
7. Cronus Gould
8. Nephyrs Gould
9. Anubis Gould
10. Hathor Gould
11. Asgard
12. The Replicators
13. The Tocra
14. The Ja' Fa rebels
15. That race that held that space race in that one episode

Alright you guys I don't have any clue about wat killer is doing. Do you guys think he will get mad if we take the over making the MOD for him. I don't want to impose on anything but he hasn't really done anything. He has said that his CPU has broke or something. So should we try and make without him?

Hey StealthBomber my computer was messed up badd. But now its fixed but i dont got the internet. every other day though i'll be able to use this computer at the library to download stuff to a disk/talk about it. and then at my house i can work on the Mod. If u want to start your own mod go ahead and if u want to help out this one that would be helpful. Thanx.

If any1 hasnt put a request into Kinboats lottery it would be really helpful if they would put a request in for the Stargate mod.
I dont know if thats against Kinboats rules or not but i hope not.
I put in a request for a serpant guard unit.

If any1 could second that request or request a Horass guard, Hat'ak, Asguard. etc. it would be helpful.

StealthBomber: what skillz do u have? that can help out this mod. any help that you can give will be great.

THANX AGAIN.

I have to regretably say that i cannot take on the task of the Stargate SG1 Mod any longer.
I am to (hopefully if we can get a liscence) begin work on a stargate SG1 first person shooter game.(freeware) I cant tell you anymore incase it falls through.
and i need all the room on my home computer.
I will have to delete all the files on my computer that have to do with any games etc.

here is a list of the units leaderheads etc. that i was using and i hope that some1 can take up this mod.
Hopefully in the future i can work on smaller SG1 scenarios.

Asguard Mothership: TheMorpheus: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=81427

Tzar Sasha's Terrain can be found in this thread.

Apophis Leaderhead: Frenchman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89576

General Hammond Leaderhead: R8XFT: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88622

Stargate Wonder: CelestinChild: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89888

Teal'c Advisor: Frenchman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89621

Hathor Leaderhead: Frenchman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=88776

Evil Pyramids: bhiita: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86477

Sa~Craig is working on a Jaffa (so is Bhiita I think)

\Sorry and i hope that whoever takes up this project does a good job or else ill have to come back and do a better one lol jk.
But i do hope that this becomes a mod famous to civ3.

if the shooter game comes through ill be sure to tell you all

Oh I do hope someone will take it over... I have never edited anything and do not have any programs to do so... BUt I have been wanting this one ever since the thread began....

Im sorry Oni i also really want to play this mod.
I really hopesome1 takes it up.
L8R
Killer_j27

What kind of skills do you need to make a mod. Don't all you have to do is be able to put in the units, the graphics and so on. If there is any thing else that needs to be done I can learn fast how to do it.

I've never done a mod before so I guess it dosen't matter where I start and this Mod is as good as any. If you guys are willing to help out ill take this Mod up.

Ok I have started working on it and got the leader heads plugged in. Any help would be appreciated cause im not really sure as to what I should do on it. So you guys start pitching your thoughts at me. Oh and im using that SPACE TERRAIN that is in this thread. The Technology Tree how should that work. So whenever you guys feel like it send me some help PLEASE!

StealthBomber said:
Ok I have started working on it and got the leader heads plugged in. Any help would be appreciated cause im not really sure as to what I should do on it. So you guys start pitching your thoughts at me. Oh and im using that SPACE TERRAIN that is in this thread. The Technology Tree how should that work. So whenever you guys feel like it send me some help PLEASE!

When working on the map(s) for the mod keep in mind that I made a decent change to the tiles, but there are still some things that could cause a problem. Be careful when placing certain tiles next to each other, they can sometimes have a tendency to change the coast line.... You may not want to use random maps with this mod. Most space based mods have had to have handmade maps included....

Ya I have noticed that took awhile to get the map set up the map. Hey you guys I need units can any of you create any or put in requests for some. Ya and I need a site that I can gather some information off of for use. I think I can make this MOD I hope.

I guess ill make a MOD that is 4-6 players at first then add more later.
These are some of the units I need if im gonna make even a small MOD. Can someone create these or put in a request for them PLEASE!!!
Jaffa
Prometheus
X-301
X-302
Replicator SpaceShip
Replicator
Ha'tak
Ghoa'uld Glider

hey im glad that someone has taken this over.

Stealthbomber:

Bhiita was working on a death glider and starting a jaffa i think. and sa-craig is also working on a jaffa unit. The asguard ship is done. For the SG Teams i would use the marine m-unit. and for sg1 take the jaffa unit and add him to one of the m-units. Good luck and have fun making it like i did when i started. And im sure R8X would be happy to do a few more leaderrheads if their needed.

Seems Im all alone on this mod. O well i have talked to bhitta he said it will be a month or two before he gets some units done. I have got the tech tree about 75% complete hope it works out. Bhitta told me this idea about have a air transport as the stargate i would do that but it would not be a fixed location for the gate so thats a problem. I guess Ill continue with the railroad idea which i like.

Alright you people don't seem interested in this MOD anymore but never the less im here to update you people on the mod. R8XFT has given me a leaderhead that looks like Baal so I will you it as Baal. I have been testing the MOD out and I can't get the AI to stop fortifying on the rail roads anybody have any ideas of how to stop that. With the Technology tree I made up some techs because im not sure how that should go. alright im done for now.

I haven't really given up on it. I just wasn't that involved. I want to play it when it's done. I just don't have the time to really put into making mods anymore...

I'm not sure how to solve the AI fortifying on the rail line wormholes. That's an issue that needed to be resolved when the map was designed. There are other options for the wormhole. One requires the use of a hacked editor, the other uses the airport's airdrop/rebase abilities.

I guess the question could be: Do you want the gate network to be unknown at the beginning or already established? If it is already established then the other options become available as they limit the gates to those who control them. I.E. no gate travel execpt to worlds already occupied by that culture.

Top Bottom