Stargate SG1 mod

How should i make my Sg1 mod?

• With all civilizations in 1 scenario

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • With many dif. scenarios of missions SG1 has undertaken

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters
Well since I have finished the tech tree I have been putting in units and improvements.Since there is much Stargate unit Graphics out there I have just been using Unit graphics from other things. I think I almost have a playable version ready. there is no Civilopedia entries or stuff like that done yet but im getting there. Well thought I would tell you all where im at. Im not sure but is can you guys come up with better unit name I have been doing SG Unit ,then they upgrade to SG Unit 2 and so forth. Thx L8ter

I have some ideas!

Make the Tau'ri (Earth) have several different kinds of SG teams.
For example:

Engineering Team, 2,2,1 able to build cities (bases) and do worker actions, unable to attack bases, costs no population to build.

This team should cost alot to make up for no population cost. Maybe you should make the humans unable to build "aquaducts" and instead have a small wonder that makes Stargate Command able to grow beyond town size. In the series the humans never had anything larger than small outposts and my idea makes sure that only Stargate Command is really productive. Actually i think that the cities should only be used to get a resource or a valuable bonus resource (I'll get to that later).

Science Team,0,0,1,Able to build colonies.

This team should be a cheap and temporary way of getting resources.

Explorer Team, 8,8,1, unable to attack bases.

This should be the humans first unit. It's tough enough to take on any dangers that might be on the different planets (Monsters, crystal entities, nanobots, viral lifeforms etc.) but unable to conquer the natives (There should be natives on alot of planets) due to it's inability to attack cities. (The humans aren't warmongers!) The Explorer Team should upgrade to Combat team.

Combat Team, 12,12,1, able to take bases.

The upgrade from explorer to combat team represents the human transition from peaceful explorers to a force that openly fights the Goa'Uld. It should be able to take on several Jaffa teams on it's own. The cost should also be high to keep the numbers low.

Government ideas for the humans:

Military Control: This should be the first government for the humans.All units is free under this government. It is required for human barracks construction (Veterans should have 6 hits and regulars only 3). NO corruption in this government. Draft rate is 0.

Civillian Control: This is a "what if" government. It should first be accesible late in the tech tree. Unit costs is massive in this government but it allows for a number of free ones per city. It should get the commerce bonus and be required for the Civil Disclosure small wonder. This wonder should allow all your small outposts to grow beyond town size (Represents immigration to the other planets). This makes this government an absolute must for making a intergalactic human civilization but it's weak units (no barracks) makes it impractical when still fighting a war against the Goa'Uld. No corruption is experienced. Draft rate is 1.

Tech Ideas:

The humans should have some "trade techs" they can sell to the natives. None should be able to research them and they can only be aquired from the humans.

Medicine: No desease, allows hospitals (or something)...

Advanced agriculture (Some natives and Goa'Ulds should start with this): Allows irrigation.

Advanced manufacturing techniques: Factory

And other things like that...

Human Wonder ideas:

Finding Ancient Antarctica Base: Required for Pegasus Expedition.

Pegasus Expedition: Required for Pegasus Expedition Rescue.

Pegasus Expedition Rescue: Require ZPM resource. This is a rare resource that only exists a few places (On a heavily fortified Goa'Uld throne world for example). You bring back ancient technology. You win the game.

Small Disclosure: Disclosure for the major Earth nations. 100% production bonus and +1 commerce in all squares.

That's it for the human ideas. Now for the Goa'Uld ones!

Unit Ideas:

Jaffa Warriors 6,4,1

Cheap dispensable warriors for massive swarming.

Elite Jaffas 7,8,1

Expensive warriors for defense but too costly for large attacks.

Goa'Uld 2,1,1, Hidden nationality, invisible, detect invisible.

Useful for spying and counterspying. Should be costly.

False God (Anubis, Aphophis, Chronos etc.) 1,1,1.

King unit. You lose if you die. ;)

Scorpi said:
Engineering Team, 2,2,1 able to build cities (bases) and do worker actions, unable to attack bases, costs no population to build

Science Team,0,0,1,Able to build colonies.
A colony requires a road to be built to a city ... so I don't think this will work unless these Science colonies were road connected to the Engineering Team's base :sad:

Unit Ideas:

Jaffa Warriors 6,4,1 - Cheap dispensable warriors for massive swarming.

Elite Jaffas 7,8,1 - Expensive warriors for defense but too costly for large attacks.

Are these those steroid maxed worriors - liked them :cool:

BYW http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=114099 this guy is offering to assist with game non-unit graphics :D

Colonies require road yes but the entire galaxy is connected by a railroad if i remember correctly! :p

Yes they are those warriors!

Hey just wanted to add that the Alpha site should be given some extra benifits almost as equal to the SGC.

The Alpha site is the secondary headquarters. If somthing bad where to happen to earth it would become the retreat point. Its very fortified and underground simular to the SGC.

( i cant wait untill its done )

Thx for the input Im just waiting for some units that I think Bhita is working on. I think I got most of it done so when some units are done out there Ill post it.

In the beggining of this tread someone asked what is an X-301, An X-301 is a death glider that was integrated with human technology teal'c and col.O'neill flew far ino space and the ship ceased to work. They were picked up almost before they died.

lol, Not even close, there is in fact nothing for this mod except a few units, several differnt versions of test terrain, loose orgainization, and disorganized thoughts. I full support the idea of a stargate mod but I don'tbelieve this one is going anywhere, too many different ideas on how to make the stargate/iris/wormhole idea work.

u guyz had better not give up on this cause i went to the trouble of starting it and it better get finished.

LOL

hope it gets done

y dont you use the sea tile as hyperspace lane that connect one planet to another (1x1 tile of sea next to each other connecting through the entire map) where space ships can cross these"ocean tiles" as normal space terrain but foot and wheeled unit cross them with lightspeed. The rest of space can be ocean tile and the atmosphere is coastal tile.

Jreijiri has a good idea. ThAT Could work. I want to know how far you guys are on this mod becuase i really want to play it when its done.

Hi there. I can't believe I never came across this project before. I think this is unbelievable. I hope the project is coming along well. This will be a monumental contribution.
What's the status these days?

Cav.

jeah i hope so too. please finish the mod because i#m a big stargate fan and i really want to play it ...

Top Bottom