STARGATE SG1 Release

The szen is very cool ;)

The Gate Iris Units com not :confused: , i make bulid the Gate Iris and it make more Dev. = 6 or 7.

The nuke can not move to Ra MShip :confused: Heli-move better ;)

The Gate Iris Units com not

The Gate Iris appears automatically when you research something or another, was it trinium? I think you need to find check out the surrounding planets for the wolf. You may already have it but it is stacked under any unit defending SG Command?

The nuke can not move to Ra MShip

At the beginning, the nuke can only be moved from the stargate inconjunction with SG-1. You must make sure the nuke ends each turn on top of SG1 or it will expire. You must kill Ra's ship or absolutely nothing will happen.

How do i progress throughout the scenario? After capturing Abydos and destroying the mothership...i don't seem to have anything more to do.

I'm basically trapped over there... =\

I'm already at time index 172... anyways, am i doing something wrong? Or just a glitch?

Xineoph said:
How do i progress throughout the scenario? After capturing Abydos and destroying the mothership...i don't seem to have anything more to do.

I'm basically trapped over there... =\

I'm already at time index 172... anyways, am i doing something wrong? Or just a glitch?

By Time index 172, you should have explored the entire map so I'm quite sure you missed out something important. IIRC, the next task is to go to chulak and discover (i.e. kill) Apohis or nothing will happen. Could it be that additional wormholes have linked to the ones you used and you didn't notice?

Its been a while, when I get home I'll check the events file to list what exactly is the sequence of events just after killing the mothership.

Here's what i did... i played the game 3 times now... I launch the theater nuke at abydos, then capture it. If it matters the Jaffa will destroy the 2 stargates, anyways after capturing, i build another nuke and destroy the Mothership...explore as much as humanly possible bo walking on the moons......and then just build a million SG4 teams to protect me from the deadly serebrus attacks...although i launch nukes at them when possible.

In post 17 of this thread, Kylie has a rough time-line of one of the possible sequences of events. I'm still at work but when i get home I will determine exactly what triggers the next stage of the scenario.

You can go back and forth freely between Earth and Abydos right? Did you notice the wormhole branching off into the darkness?
And you've researched everthing that can be researched?

You can go back and forth freely between Earth and Abydos right?
Correct

Did you notice the wormhole branching off into the darkness?
Yes, but i can't go through it, there's one wormhole terrain missing that would connect it. BTW should i keep those 2 stargates alive?

And you've researched everthing that can be researched?
All i have is Irrelevant Persuits...otherwise i have the 5 techs that you start off with.

ok here is the correct openning sequence.

you capture Abydos (btw, there is no need to use the nuke for that)

then RA's mothership (a big brown pyramid) will appear above the highest moon.

you kill off all the Jaffa that appear and the Death Glider and then proceed to use SG1 to move the nuke next to the mothership.

When you finally nuke the mothership, you will be able to discover 'Abydos Cartouche' after you finish researching the current 'irrelevat pursuit'. This seems to be your problem, if you managed to nuke the mothership, this message will appear.

@IF
UNITKILLED
unit=Ra Mothership
attacker=Humans
defender=System Lords
@THEN
TEXT
^
^RA THE FORMER SUN GOD
^
^^ Ra's evil plan to send the human's nuclear device enhanced with Naquada
^^ back to Earth through the stargate to cause a holocaust goes awry and he
^^ is blown up with his mothership as the Abydonians revolt.
^
^^ The team returns to Earth but Daniel Jackson decides to remain behind and
^^ take an Abydonian wife.
^
ENDTEXT
PLAYWAVEFILE
T2.WAV
GIVETECHNOLOGY
receiver=Humans
technology=1
@ENDIF

When you finally discover 'Abydos Cartouche', the position of Chulak is revealed via a free MALP plus the break in the wormhole path will disappear allowing you to go there and several other planets.

hmm... i never killed off those death gliders and such... i let them run away or attack me. Ok i'll try your instructions and see what happens. :)

Here's what i do

Unfortify the M5 off the stargate to move him into the SGC

advance all units towards abydos.

Attack abydos with an M5

conquer with MALP, and advance rest of units in city.

Glider attacks destroying itself

advance other M5 if it lives to abydos

use SG1 to destroy the garrisons

Then advance SG1 with nuke to ra and i nuke him. I get the msg, but i don't get the technology.

I'm generally on either irrelevant persuits 1 or 2 at the end...

So what's happening? I get the text msg...but no technology and new wormhole. :\

BTW: Generally by this time both stargates are destroyed..i can still move through the wormhole..but the gates are destroyed, it's generally very hard to protect them, so i generally ignore it. ... or are they plundering the gates...can't tell.

Xineoph said:
Then advance SG1 with nuke to ra and i nuke him. I get the msg, but i don't get the technology.

I'm generally on either irrelevant persuits 1 or 2 at the end...

So what's happening? I get the text msg...but no technology and new wormhole. :\

BTW: Generally by this time both stargates are destroyed..i can still move through the wormhole..but the gates are destroyed, it's generally very hard to protect them, so i generally ignore it. ... or are they plundering the gates...can't tell.

You don't get 'abydos cartouche' automatically, what you receive is only its pre-requisite. You still need to finish researching whatever was there earlier first. When you finish researching 'abydos cartouche', then the new wormhole comes into play. You should be allocating 20-30% of resources to science throughout the game.

As for the Gates, they are actually airbases and yes they are plundered. They are not needed for the wormholes to work but when you get Tokra or F302 later.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, btw reading through the thread, i saw that there was some worry about the computer destroying units that give you techs, did you ever fix that? You could fix it, in the more common territories where that happens, that you get the tech anyways.

I think for all the vulnerable target units, 'if anyone kills' instead of 'if earth kills' has been used as the trigger so theres no problem there.

I think there is still a small chance that it can happen (for some technical reasons 'anyone' could not be used in some cases) in the late part of the game if you don't expand at the intended rate - like what's happened to you. But the affected target units are not crucial and are more like freebies so you needn't fret over their loss.

Darn Gould...they keep killing SGC and Pentagon...so hard to protect them... maybe i should build up an army before the buildings?

In any case, something weird happened, after killing Apophis, and getting the txt msg, my SG1 team disappeared for some reason... they didn't get killed because i didn't receive the "Jack is dead" tech, is that supposed to happen? or is it a freak glitch?

Units on a stargate are stackable, i.e. if one dies the rest survive. As long as you fortify two or three veteran SG units on the stargate, Earth should be relatively safe. Think of it as the guards in the gate room at the SGC.

The only time when SG-1 disappears without 'dying' is when SG-1 is killed by 'naval bombardment', i.e. by a spaceship. The Jack is Dead event won't be triggered. This is a freak limitation of the 'unit killed trigger' in the event set and is probably what happened.

Another very improbable explantion - your SG-1 was exactly on one of the few tiles that were being changed when new gate locations were being appended to the network. All units on tiles where terrain is being changed by an event just vanish. This would be a complete statistical anamoly and I have never heard of it happening before.

In anycase, I think you need to reload from before SG-1 disappeared/died as it is almost impossible to win if SG-1 dies in the first half before the full set of gate addresses is revealed.

Top Bottom