STARGATE SG1 Release

kobayashi

Deity
No point waiting for the scenario to be perfect. I've more or less ironed out all the major bugs and so I'm going to release Version 1.0 to you now my friends at Civfanatics. Your feedback is most desired and I'll get round to making a patch for version 1.1 when everyone gives their comments.

THIS LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ2/scenarios/SG1ver3.zip

Heres a screen shot....

Some units - many brand new...

And wonders.

Duke of Marlbrough said:
Unless you want to wait for v1.1, post or send me a blurb you want used as well as a couple small screenshots and I'll post it on the main page for you.

Yep I was thinking of waiting for v.1.1. When it's ready, main page airtime would be most appreciated - coinciding with addition to the downloads section.

:goodjob: Great stuff, Koba! I'm on turn 170, and have only one major grievance: the Galaxy's Serebus's. It's very difficult to deal with them unless you put a Space Shuttle in every city, and even then, the Space shuttles lose about half the time.

Great scenario! This is the most fun I've had since the Homeworld scenario. The only problem I've found is the galaxy civ built a city in space. I'll try to attach either a screenshot or a save game tomorrow when I can concentrate.

Noldodan said:
:goodjob: Great stuff, Koba! I'm on turn 170, and have only one major grievance: the Galaxy's Serebus's. It's very difficult to deal with them unless you put a Space Shuttle in every city, and even then, the Space shuttles lose about half the time.

I think you probably missed one or two objective cities/units along the way or you would be able to build the X-302 by turn 170. Have a look at the tech tree leading up to the X-301 to see what you are lacking. Another way is to jump the Tok'ra operatives that you own to the hot spots. They'll dispatch any Serebus easily.

Attachments

• Look4.gif
    Look4.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,133
I figured out my problem, I never attacked the Wolf unit on Salish, gicing me access to trimium. The only bug I've found has been that the Alloy Refinery requires the Manufacturing Bay to build, yet is available much earlier and is more expensive.

The Asgard keep killing Sokar before I can even get to him. I want that Ha'tak really badly... Also, I don't see much of the super soldiers. Is there a way to get the AI to use them more?

Plus, why do almost all the units have one hitpoint and one firepower?

clockboy said:
The Asgard ... one firepower?

Asgard and Sokar. Ideally the Asgard and Anubis don't fight till late in the game. If they go to war early (it happened in one of my games too), its because the replicators are too weak to bother the Asgard. In anycase, you be right in that this merits some attention, something I'm tweaking for v1.1.

What time index are you at? If the super soldiers are appearing, you should have either killed Sokar long ago or be fielding dozens of F303s by now. Why bother with the Ha'tak? I think more of the earlier Jaffa need to die before the super soldiers become more numerous but not sure, I'll look at my test game to see and also check their role and stats.

1 HP1FP? Cause the AI doesn't take into account these figures when it chooses what to build/attack - there is a stupid algorithm that forces them to stop building 'weak' units. That means I can introduce more powerful units and still trick them into building the weaker ones.

Version 1.2 is now available in the link at the top.

1. Replicators made stronger. They got a new helicopter type unit which should solve the problem of having way too many unused spy units. Also they can take over Asgard Exosuit units.
2. Managed to squeeze in the Lost City event from the end of season 7 by reusing the Heliopolis unit as the trigger.
3. A few new cities
4. Prerequisite for alloy refinery changed
5. game.txt txt fully updated to get rid of inappropriate titles and messages.
6. F-302 defense made somewhat weaker plus various other tweaks to unit stats.
7. Goa'uld start off with more improvements to make them more powerful.
8. CHecked the contact box for various powers so they would act more aggressively towards each other.
9. Adjusted unit shields.

I haven't got the 1.2v so I continue on my 1.1v game. I am now in 166 turns. Based on my estimation, I will not be able to get my F-303 until 30 turns later. I wonder if it would be too late.

Here's some notes of my game:

time 6, killed ra mother ship
time 30, second part of map opened
time 33, killed Thor and waited to explore the gas clouds.
time 36, captured NID base.
time 37, killed wolf.
time 41, captured Nassya.
time 49, killed Symbiote and got Tok'ra and started to produce SG-U90
time 55, captured Orban
time 56, killed merrin.
time 82, got the first free Tel'tak
time 92, built gate iris.
time 97, opened the last part of the map.
time 98, killed Narim.
time 114, triggered super nova explosion (I couldn't wait any longer)
time 119, killed reese and got a free Beliskner
time 125, captured Unas and got access to trinimium.
time 129, killed Sokas and got Ha'tak
time 136, Abydos destroyed.
time 140, captured Kelnowa
time 151, captured Pangar

Just one turn after I captured Pangar, the Replicator wiped out my whole fleet (around 5 units) there and I couldn't even see what had happened. Can I do any trick to prevent it from happening again? Luckily, I can still research the advances to keep my game going.

Kylie said:
Just one turn after I captured Pangar, the Replicator wiped out my whole fleet (around 5 units) there and I couldn't even see what had happened. Can I do any trick to prevent it from happening again? Luckily, I can still research the advances to keep my game going.

You need to research F-302 ASAP, they can kill multiple replicators in one turn and it comes much earlier than F-303. Hows the resource units situation and how many planets you control now?

just 7 in total, SGC, Pentagon, Alpha site, Nassya, Orban, Unas, Kelnowa.
I tried to capture some non-objective cities of the replicator but resulted in failure. My current (relatively short-term) goal is to destroy the production facility in "Tartarus".

Impressive, this looks like a very dynamic rethink and a good example of the range of modding available.

Now, will knowing FA about SG1 be much of a handicap?

EDIT: And what is the Civ2 MGE required for play?

Top Bottom