Start from Play Now testing phase

Yeah, the new update didn't come over clean. Even down to dynamicnames_england has a red mark.
1) This is unrelated to what we are talking about.
2) Did you manually edit this file?

I didn't do anything out of ordinary. Git pull and that's it. Only thing I can think of is delete all the problematic individual entities and repull it. Figured if he had a problem with the newest-patch and I had a different problem altogether but with the same newest-patch there might be some sort of relationship or overlap between the two issues. I have no idea if that would be the case but figured it'd be worth mentioning as a possible clue to his issue.

If you make local changes, there will be conflicts when pulling from git.

The only thing I ever touch in the code is hiding python exceptions and that's far outside the RFCD folder. And the newest pull lit that folder up like a Christmas Tree.

I cannot remote diagnose how you made that happen. If you are not familiar with git, the easiest way to recover from your error is to clone the repository again.

That's no bueno either, with the MapParser.py change or not. Is the problem exclusive to the Steam version?
Had a different idea that might work if you don't mind trying. What happens if you open the RFC_3000BC.txt file with Notepad++, use Edit -> EOL conversion -> Windows, and then try to load the 3000 BC scenario?

Had a different idea that might work if you don't mind trying. What happens if you open the RFC_3000BC.txt file with Notepad++, use Edit -> EOL conversion -> Windows, and then try to load the 3000 BC scenario?
3000BC file was already in Windows format. I tried it for the 600AD one but it made no difference, still just closes the game.

:/

I've had the same issues (All 3000BC games start with some python exceptions and generate a flat map of grassland. Starting 600AD instead just closes the game) with Windows 10 as well. I give up for now, I'll try in the near future.
I'm on Windows 11 and playing the Steam version of Civ4 (rolled back to a prior version which was recommended somewhere here on the DoC forums).

How did you get the files from git? Using a git client, or by downloading a zip file? (Question for both of you)

Interesting. I will see what happens when I do this on my end.

If you're open to it, you can try the git client. This one is pretty easy to install on windows: https://git-scm.com/download/win

That's great to know! Narrows the number of possible explanations, and hopefully will not affect the eventual installer. I would still like to keep the option to download via zip available, so I am going to look into this some more.

Top Bottom