Steam and Online mode

Feloneius

Chieftain
If i have all graphics lowered and play with mods on online mode...works great then crashes around 300, grey tiles and such...If i dont use mods..crashes around 400,,huge or large map with 4 other ai players and 8 city states...if i play in offline mode...runs like a champ all the way on huge map with 12 ai's and 24 city states and even more..and runs with my graphic tweaks in file..blockonload 1 and mimimizegreytiles 1 fade shadows 1 instead of 0/0/0 makes the graphics look great with out such a load on comp,and you can turn everything down and still have detailed graphics and runs smooth, but only in offline mode whitch unfortunatly doesnt allow the good mods...is there a way to use the good mods in offline mode or trick steam into thinking your online so you can use them, everytime steam updates or does anything it crashes me in online mode..rather annoying, cause when i load back in all the mods are gone..because of save issues..: (..any help..thanks..: )

Yes Feloneius you have found the bug that deletes mods when steam goes from online to offline. All mods that I know of can be installed and played off-line so suggest that you learn how to do that. There is nothing to trick, mods do not care whether steam is on-line or not. Steam is just a slightly more convenient way of delivering mods, but it is bugged so it is not convenient.
Cheers

Top Bottom