Steph strikes again: Ancient units conversion collection

Yes I thought they were a good size too, maybe he's comparing them to some of the cossacks or was it conquests ones which were a little large?

As you can see from a side to side comparison between the stock spearman unit and the COW egyptian spearman, the stock unit, while approximately the same height is undoubtedly "bulkier" than his counterpart.

Question: Wouldnt increasing the size of these new units a few hairs give some added bulk to make them more on a par with the stocks?

I do NOT want to appear to be ungreatful and critical of Steph and his efforts here. Like most of us here, I love the fact that I can pick and choose from a vast array of useable art for my own mods. I just feel that, possibly maybe, some added bulk could be lent to these fellas? If not, or if my request seems presumptuous and petty then I wil of course withdraw it no questions asked.

For those of us gere who have virtually no time to sit down and build units for ourselves, these new unit add-ons are great.

they may be bulkier, but then everoby will complain they are to high... beside, they are converted with their actual size, so there is not pixelization effect.

In SSS I have an option to have different X, Y zoom factor, but not in SBB

What about the Celtic Cavalry Steph ???

Will it come along or ??

Love to see it to complete this wodnerful collection

Cemo

Hallo Fans
Here is my celtic cavalry from "Legion" to CIV. Have fun. Good work Steph.
I am produce new units from Spartan and Troy. What do you thinking ?

H.Balck (from Germany) ;)

Attachments

• Celtic Cavalry.zip
    264 KB · Views: 162
H.Balck, welcome to CFC! :)
The NW attack has a line over it, and the pediapics are in RGB (and not 256 colour palette as it should be), but other than that it seems good. :thumbsup:
If you use Photoshop I have a tutorial on how to get the palette correct, link in my sig.

H.Balck said:
Hallo Fans
Here is my celtic cavalry from "Legion" to CIV. Have fun. Good work Steph.
I am produce new units from Spartan and Troy. What do you thinking ?

H.Balck (from Germany) ;)

That you should ask Slitherine softwre before releasing it, and I've already done all the units in the demo, so if you are just starting, contact me by email at stephane.f.david@free.fr, I could send you a tool to help converting. I won't have time to finish them myself

Steph,
what a pitty you can't finish the Celtic Cavalry your way, BUT
then I'm hoping you're looking forward to finish up the old posted Cossacks units that have been left hanging around....

Cemo

The skeleton is a bit large. As it is in comparison to the other two skeleton units available (that Im aware of) it is like the skeleton of a basketball center such as O'Neal, or something. Is it possible at all to reduce its size? Could I even do it myself through tedious trial and error (so far, that isn't working)? lol

I've tried to add it in-game as well and it does seem large, but it is functional. I'm more concerned that it has no fortify-style animation, although I guess that's par for the course for converted units.

Please accept my apologies for resurrecting this thread from the grave, but I have a reasonably decent question regarding these conversions:

are there units_32.pcx files for any of these units?

I seem to recall having them (maybe I've got a bad memory), but I just finished permanently deleting my modified units_32.pcx file (by accident! :cry: ). So now I'm trying to build it back up starting with version 6.6 of zulu's mega units_32 file. He doesn't have any of the SCOW units in there. Perhaps this means there never were any and that I got by without them before and have since forgotten?

Thanks! :D

Edit: Okay, so check this out for weird scheit. I don't get it:

In the editor I am telling the game to use units_32.pcx icon #287 from zulu's mega file (one of Kinboat's resistors) as a stand-in for Steph's SCOW "Peasant" unit.​

But for some weird demon-possessed reason, in game, my city-view build queue shows the actual SCOW "Peasant" units_32.pcx icon!!! Where does it get it from? It's not in zulu's file!?! :crazyeye:

I didn't make a unit32 for these (at least, I couldn't find it anymore)
The unit32 is used for the bottom part of the screen (where it shows all the units currently in the city), not for the production queue.

Oh! Well that explains it. And that also means units_32.pcx aren't really that important, then. Anyhow, thanks for double-checking, Steph. :)

Top Bottom