Stonehenge strategies and tips

mrddt

Chieftain
Let's discuss Stonehenge strategies and tips for multiplayer games.

In what game circumstances you would recommend to go Stonehenge?
In other words: when it's good to go for Stonehenge? For what civs it's good? What player should consider before going Stonehenge?

Share your experience from your games where you went for Stonehenge.

How valuable Stonehenge compared to other ancient era world wonders from your perspective? How often other players goes for Stonehenge? At what turn you or your opponents usually finish Stonehenge (and what was the game speed)?

Share links, articles, guides, strategies where Stonehenge usage mentioned.
Suggest your build order with Stonehenge.

Best strategy around stonehenge is to not build Stonehenge. This wonder is sueless unless you have 2-3 cs asking for it.

Moderator Action: Moved to Multiplayer forum.
Multiplayer forum is to "Find other MP players, organize MP games, & discuss multi-player related issues."

I probably should start this topic in Civ5 - Strategy & Tips section

In what game circumstances you would recommend to go Stonehenge?
In other words: when it's good to go for Stonehenge? For what civs it's good? What player should consider before going Stonehenge?

Prince and below culture games, preferably with Egypt or Celts. Egypt because they get a bonus, Celts because they built in real life so why not. They get tons of faith anyway, might as well get more. Marble should be present, and plenty of mines to build it quick after basic infrastructure. I've never built it in a multiplayer game though. Religion is good for culture victory, and that's its only use really.

Share your experience from your games where you went for Stonehenge.

I think I built it last as Egypt in a wide prince game when it only took me 4-5 turns to build it in my capital. I built it because I could.

How valuable Stonehenge compared to other ancient era world wonders from your perspective?

I'd build everything else except statue of Zeus first, so its pretty close to the bottom.

How often other players goes for Stonehenge?

Rarely

At what turn you or your opponents usually finish Stonehenge (and what was the game speed)?

On standard, the AI will build it around turn 50-60 or so on Deity, usually the same time as great library and TOA. Add 10 turns for each step down in difficulty.

Share links, articles, guides, strategies where Stonehenge usage mentioned.
Suggest your build order with Stonehenge.

Prince and below, or playing with N00bs in MP, build it as an afterthought after every other early wonder available. King and above, conquer it or ignore it. Experienced MP, don't even think about it because you will have bigger problems.

Prince and below, or playing with N00bs in MP, build it as an afterthought after every other early wonder available. King and above, conquer it or ignore it. Experienced MP, don't even think about it because you will have bigger problems.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

So, religion doesn't worth this investment? And if you don't have good faith-generating lands (with pantheon) it's better not chasing religion? Or religion don't worth it anyway?

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

So, religion doesn't worth this investment? And if you don't have good faith-generating lands (with pantheon) it's better not chasing religion? Or religion don't worth it anyway?

Religion is only worth chasing if you can use it. On higher difficulties, the AI goes crazy for it and will dominate everyone with their religions. In MP, people do what they want. I don't have a good idea on MP, I only play Single because I don't want to quit on anyone and never have 8 hours free to join a good FFA or even a good Teamer. If you can use it though, and have a good way to get it either through the Civ's abilities or the land, then do it. But its not as high of a priority as getting more tile improvements, more population, more science, and more military. Lacking in those will ruin your game, losing out on religion will just make it more difficult to win. This is why Stonehenge is so low on my list, it takes too long to build and only helps religion, which isn't as powerful as Culture.

Top Bottom