Storm Grunts: Tech Icon Library

Hey, Storm Grunt, I love your icons. So much better than my early ones... they weren't even the right size, and they would crash civ 3, :lol:. Would you mind doing a tech for Lord of Ragnarok, "Ancient Lore"? That would be really cool if you did, :).

@ Odintheking - Thanks for the support. I'd love to make you an Icon. Ancient Lore is basically storytelling right? Do you have a concept in mind for the graphics or the style. Off the top of my head, If you wanted one in the civ tradition, A single object with a shaded background,An ancient looking book seems right. If you like the picture style, maybe a friar sitting under a tree with a group of adventurers telling a tale? The first style usually looks better on the small icon and the second looks better on the large icon, but tell me your thoughts so we can get on the same page.

@Stormy - Do it. You know you want to. Listen to the voices in your head!

@Darque - Thanks for the complement, and I look forward to playing your mod when its done. If you need any specific tech icons feel free to ask...

@Stormrage -
Stormrage said:
Must... resist... not enought time... don`t want to pester the unit makers to much...

I like your new avatar
But I thought you were the Taskmaster! :cry: :whipped:
Thanx for noticing the new avatar,It was time for change.

@Odintheking -
I've found these images so far too work with. let me know if you like any of these............

Stormrage said:
There is a fine line between a taskmaster and a pest ;) These days I`m learning to avoid crossing the line :)

I like #1 and #2, #3 has that stoopid text, doesn`t look generic.

:shake: Whats happening to you........:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would edit the text out of the 3rd image in the actual Icon. ;)

odintheking said:
#1, because it leads to summoning monsters and demons, and I don't think the happy guy singing would do that, :lol:
Well, yes then thats a different story. Let me see what i can find more on that note...say, necronomiconish. meewhahaahaa...:lol:

OK, here's what I could dig up to work with for images more on that note. Along with the one you originally picked.....

Note: the images look better than this desktop snapshot makes them appear.

I kinda like #4 the most .....

I'd prefer #10, since it's generic, and every civ summons something different (undead summon demon, lizardmen summon dragon, etc.). I could use #3 and #4 for other techs, though, :)

Good choices. I'll make you a three pack then. Do you mind if I post them here when they are finished or would you rather have me email you the files to keep them exclusive?

Ancient lore 3pack as requested by odintheking. These came out quite nice,both large and small.

And the files. (zip contains LG and SM Icons)

Attachments

• ancient_lore_3pack.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 522
@Stormrage-:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next will be a three pack of ancient/fantasy ship techs.....

In honor of Orthanc's birthday here is a ancient/fantasy 3 pack of ship techs

The zip contains LG and SM Icons for each. I have a new process for doing the small icons which makes them come out much better!

Attachments

• Ship_Techs.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 605
:blush: Thanks rage man. Any Ideas for more fantasy tech's that you think are useful/needed?

Top Bottom