1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange AI settling behaviour

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Black Whole, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Black Whole

Black Whole Dancing Condor

As the title says it, I have a problem with the AI in the coming version 0.4 for RFCA.
    It happened after the concersion to a smaller map. Instead of settling like their settler maps tell them, all AI players build their cities in the north. It doesn't matter if the city is only surrounded by plains or has the crappiest location of the map. They even settle way out of their stability zone abd settle less in general. Instead they stay in their cities and do nothing even if they have settlers.

Now, the problem: I checked every dll file which was ever changed, the same goes for python files. I looked through them several times compared them with the code of the previous version and yet I haven't found anything, what could cause that. Does anybody know what could have happened?

I'll upload some more screenshots later.

Attached Files:

2. Black Whole

After fiddling a whole week without s any success, I released the new version. For those who want to help, here are the DLL files.
    Post any ideas or possible solutions you have, any help is appreciated!

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I think it's all about the AIWars file. There, the y-value are up to nearly 80, while your new, scaled down map have just y-values up to 66...

4. Black Whole

Could you point me to the exact line? I just can't find this part of the code... (Maybe, looked too much at it ;))

5. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Map arrays in AIWars are used only for AI war declarations, though if they are wrong, they need to be fixed anyway. Settlers are in SDK only. That being said, check if the settler maps in CvRhyes do not have the same mistake.

6. Black Whole

Hail to king of fools! (myself):king::crazyeye::eekdance:

In AIWars, there wasn't anything like that, there was only one loop, and it was correct, so there wasn't a problem. BUT, the bug was sitting in Rhyes.h. It was so obvious, even a child could have spotted it. In this file, there are defines, which have the coordinates of the World map (EARTH_Y and EARTH_X) stored in it. I simply forgot to chang them and I haven't noticed it although I scanned this file for at least ten times! Stupid me.:hammer2:

So a patch follows soon.