Strange Request

Is there a way to disable the combat alerts? I have dangerous wildlife option on and it is a constant barrage of combat alerts. I would like to be able to be aware of other things happening besides animals being killed, such as discovering new resources, border expansion, etc. I know I can look in the CTRL+TAB log but there are sometimes 50 or more combat messages in one turn and it is hard to see anything else. Thank you.

Is there a way to disable the combat alerts? I have dangerous wildlife option on and it is a constant barrage of combat alerts. I would like to be able to be aware of other things happening besides animals being killed, such as discovering new resources, border expansion, etc. I know I can look in the CTRL+TAB log but there are sometimes 50 or more combat messages in one turn and it is hard to see anything else. Thank you.
Did you check the BUG options. I know that there are some alerts that can be turned off. Not sure if combat ones can be or not. The problem would be that it would turn off all combat alerts not just the ones you are talking about here.

Well I am currently at peace with the other AI I am playing with, so turning them all off for now would be alright. I did check BUG options under the alert tab, I did not see anything about combat alerts. I just thought I would I ask in case there was another way or something I missed. Thank you.

Probably not possible at the moment. I don't think it was ever setup to be possible before I did the combat mod and I was a little more inexperienced then as well. I could do it now but... time to do it may prove prohibitive for a bit. At some point I do hope to give some more options like that. I also have since figured out what I was doing wrong when I failed to get some notifications into the combat log instead of the normal log and I definitely want to move some notices there and expand further on explaining what happened in the combat, blow by blow - but only IN the combat log. Development is slow for me right now since work is very pressing lately and I've got some other projects I'm attending to. After a while, if history is any indication, I'll start feeling the need to really come back and hack away at loose ends here and get further progress on unfinished projects and this is one of them. Sorry it's a bit overwhelming in the meantime.

It is fine, I just know this mod is very easy to customize. That is one of my favorite features, the team has done an amazing job so far. This mod is a great piece of work, and for disabled gamers like myself it can be hard to find games that are fun and easy to play.

Top Bottom