Strategic Industry

Strategic Industry V. 10.01

Great mod! Waiting for some patch that could improve this great game. I've noticed an error about the units icons. Some units, like iron swordsman or galley, have the settlers icon. So on for others units. How can I change this? I haven't found a way. Is a new update scheduled? Tnx!

Great mod! Waiting for some patch that could improve this great game. I've noticed an error about the units icons. Some units, like iron swordsman or galley, have the settlers icon. So on for others units. How can I change this? I haven't found a way. Is a new update scheduled? Tnx!
Did you follow the installation instructions for the art assets?

So I'm just going to copy this post to all mods I use, because I don't see how anything that isn't a mod can cause it, but I have no idea what it actually is.

(original was posted in bug report)

I don't even know what this is.

Icon: Settler.
Name: Swordsman.
Model: Warrior.
Strength: 25.

Might be a problem caused by mods, because I am running a bunch of them, but I just don't know anymore.

Mods:

AI Cleanup
Fix Unit Production Bug v1.0
Improved Tech Tree
TCS Improved Water Yields 1.2
8 Ages of Pace
AI+
Strategic Industry

------

First I let it go, but now I continued the game, and I came across a second one.

So I think this mod is the problem, with the added units. The barbarian AI spawns the "basic" swordsmen, so to say, instead of the "advanced" swordsman. I think, though I do not know for sure, that barbarian spawns depend on the techs researched by the major civilizations, and Bronze Working will be researched a lot earlier than Iron Working, which causes the spawns at times where you would normally see warriors (sadly, players tend to still have warriors too at this point). On top of that, as I noticed in the tech tree (this is how I figured out it's most likely this mod), they have no own icon, so it shows a Settler icon. And apparently the model is broken too.

Is there something that can be done about keeping the barbarians from spawning swordsmen right at the start of the game? Maybe it's a mod conflict, I don't know, but it's annoying having barbarian swordsmen and horsemen attacking my initial warrior and first scout within the first 20 turns of the game (on marathon speed).

Nevermind. 3.1 is working great for me and fixed that little problem.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get this to work with MOAR Units? The problem is with the art assets, they seem to cancel each other out, mostly I lose all the unit icons and the icons on the tech screen.

Is there a way to get this to work with MOAR Units? The problem is with the art assets, they seem to cancel each other out, mostly I lose all the unit icons and the icons on the tech screen.
Are you using version 3.1? It includes the art assets from MOAR units. Make sure you install MOAR units art assets first then install Strategic Industry.

Hello UncivilizedGuy, just wanted to give my appreciation for your work, it greatly enhances my experience with the game. Thank you for sharing it.

Perhaps Tilarium is now using the latest version of MOAR Units; I'm about to test it with your mod myself. I've installed his art assets first as your instructions called for, but I would assume that things have changed now with his update. I think you're already going above and beyond for the community by making your mod play nice with his, but for curiosity's sake will you be continuing to ensure that compatibility?

Hello UncivilizedGuy, just wanted to give my appreciation for your work, it greatly enhances my experience with the game. Thank you for sharing it.

Perhaps Tilarium is now using the latest version of MOAR Units; I'm about to test it with your mod myself. I've installed his art assets first as your instructions called for, but I would assume that things have changed now with his update. I think you're already going above and beyond for the community by making your mod play nice with his, but for curiosity's sake will you be continuing to ensure that compatibility?
Yes this is a work in progress. I will be updating this for the new version of Deliverator's mod. I'm in the process of creating a new mod and as soon as I finish that I will update all of my mods for compatibility. Hopefully it won't be too long. Maybe this evening if all goes well.

Are you using version 3.1? It includes the art assets from MOAR units. Make sure you install MOAR units art assets first then install Strategic Industry.

Ah ok. I think I installed SI first and the MOAR. I'll reinstall and see if that fixes it.

UncivilizedGuy updated Strategic Industry with a new update entry:

Major Changes!

I have made major changes to get the mod closer to my original vision:

Added Biao's Strategic Resource mod which enhances unit combat strength with strategic resources

Strategic resources have essentially been divided into two categories:
  • Energy: includes Horses, Coal, Oil, Uranium. These resources are required by relevant offensive units.
  • Materials: includes Stone, Copper, Iron, Niter, Coal, Uranium. These resources increase combat strength of relevant units but are not...

See thread intro post for more details.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom