Strategy of Productivity - 650 BC

"I believe an effective Long Term Strategy (to conquor all AI) is to utilize Caravans for Trade & Science bonus, to build several particular wonders, form a Republic, then WLTK to magnify our population essentially overnight." -GaryNemo, 650BC

We are 860AD, on the eve of Republic. A few Caravan details. We have an RC Silk ready to sail to India, good. Also MD Salt at the gates of Elysium.
Three other Caravans concern me. There are two Silk near Cymru Straits, one CJ Silk and one LC Silk. Those cities have 5 trade arrows, while REGIA CIVITAS has 25. We will earn roughly 5 times as much be first rehoming them in RC. Ditto the Civvium Silver, now near TFalls.

Our preferred strategy is to either deliver to RC or Elysium from some key city (currently Reneaux, Marl Downs, Civvium), or deliver from RC or Elysium, right? Always to or from   RC or Elysium. Comments?

Do we always want to deliver from the same city? I know the initial bonus can be good, but what about the regular income from trade? Don't you only get income from the best 3 routes?

If necessary, it's not much a detour to send the boat with the silk vans via Elysium to rehome, or donate to Issac's

Originally posted by Jayne
Do we always want to deliver from the same city? I know the initial bonus can be good, but what about the regular income from trade? Don't you only get income from the best 3 routes?

For my point of vue, I usually try to alternate a maximum (cities and destination)...

Elsaak, I wish I understood what you meant. Jayne, with rehoming we can build up Domestic Trade Routes. After Civvium, I think we need to fix up Castle Jayne, Salt to RC perhaps.

We do have a Trade Route at Ren. We are about to form one for Marl Downs. Civvium is next on my list. We have a Civvium Silver Caravan, and three choices. Either deliver into RC Demand now, to form the route and get it over with. Or 2, rehome in RC and deliver to Madras. That would be much $more, but seems to leave Civvium in the cold. Or 3, build a wonder with it, then hopefully Civvium will have another chance to deliver Silver to RC, later in Republic when we have double trade.

Top Bottom