Strategyonly Productions

@StrategyOnly, OK, here is a beta, it has the following problems
  1. scoreboard has disappeared
  2. subdued horse sometimes appears as a barbarian unit and it is not captured

If is just basically a replacement for your version but adds the horse, elephant and deer units from the Exotic Animals mod and three buildings to produce horse, ivory and deer resources. At the moment there is a 100% chance for units with the subdue animals promotion of capturing an animal unit.

Usual warnings about merging python mods apply here.

OK where?

I like the 100% chance, i have so many things going on, with %'s sometimes i get confused. HUH on the scoreboard, maybe i can get NSG or The_J to look at it.

Doh! I got sidetracked by a phone call.

No biggy, i got the SA, and i fixed the horse, you can now subdue any animal RoM has.

(You just needed these two lines after icost and before imoves)

Spoiler :
<iAdvancedStartCost>-1</iAdvancedStartCost>
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>

I will change some stuff around, but give me alittle while to work with it, ok;)

No biggy, i got the SA, and i fixed the horse, you can now subdue any animal RoM has.

(You just needed these two lines after icost and before imoves)

Spoiler :
<iAdvancedStartCost>-1</iAdvancedStartCost>
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>

I will change some stuff around, but give me alittle while to work with it, ok;)

Yea, I fixed the horse problem as soon as I got back to looking at it, Which means that I could have posted you the fix but it was midnight then.

Yea, I fixed the horse problem as soon as I got back to looking at it, Which means that I could have posted you the fix but it was midnight then.

What i had, adding the two extra lines, it worked that time, but i started a new game and now it didnt work on anything already subdued :crazyeye: But it works on others animals that aren't:confused:

What i had, adding the two extra lines, it worked that time, but i started a new game and now it didnt work on anything already subdued :crazyeye: But it works on others animals that aren't:confused:

You can't capture subdued animals because I am still using the test for animal not animal combat. I knew I forgot something. Also I would need to add them to the list that I am using. I think I have a better way of doing the list also after working on a request that Vintcenz made - I already had the code basics. My scoreboard problem wont go away even when I removed all my python.

You can't capture subdued animals because I am still using the test for animal not animal combat. I knew I forgot something. Also I would need to add them to the list that I am using. I think I have a better way of doing the list also after working on a request that Vintcenz made - I already had the code basics. My scoreboard problem wont go away even when I removed all my python.

Oh ok, i am working with NSG also, on making it possible to get "extra" bonues for civs also, a little bit of a secret yet.:eek:

On the scoreboard, i dont even use it anyways, so to "me" its no big deal.

Animal Bonus

Here is a modcomp from NotSoGood converted to RoM 2.9:

This modcomp adds three new animals in game. But what makes this unique, is that when you kill them a bonus is placed on the plot. In example if you kill the elephant an ivory bonus is added to the plot. The other animals are horse and deer.

I've killed a bunch of these animals but I'm not getting the bonuses. Is there something I might be doing wrong with the installation? I have put it in the StrategyOnly folder.

I've killed a bunch of these animals but I'm not getting the bonuses. Is there something I might be doing wrong with the installation? I have put it in the StrategyOnly folder.

Did you place both files, one in the python area and the other in the module area?

Did you place both files, one in the python area and the other in the module area?

Not sure if I did or not. Anyway, I d/l 2.91, and reinstalled. I have just checked and the python file did go to the StrategyOnly folder in the Python folder. I'm about to start a new game, so I'll let you know if I am still having a problem.
--Thanks

Not sure if I did or not. Anyway, I d/l 2.91, and reinstalled. I have just checked and the python file did go to the StrategyOnly folder in the Python folder. I'm about to start a new game, so I'll let you know if I am still having a problem.
--Thanks

You shouldnt, its really an easy modcomp and quite nice to have.

After i get done checking with the NEW one, i think alot of people will like this one, and probably alot wont,:lol:

You shouldnt, its really an easy modcomp and quite nice to have.

After i get done checking with the NEW one, i think alot of people will like this one, and probably alot wont,:lol:

Unfortunately, I still am. Just killed my first deer and no resource appeared. I even waited until after the battlefield effect went away and checked it. Nothing. Well, at least it gives me something new to fight against, but I can't figure out why it isn't working. I copied your RiseofMankind folder directly to the game's RiseofMankind folder so everything went exactly where it was intended to go. It makes no sense why it won't work.

Unfortunately, I still am. Just killed my first deer and no resource appeared. I even waited until after the battlefield effect went away and checked it. Nothing. Well, at least it gives me something new to fight against, but I can't figure out why it isn't working. I copied your RiseofMankind folder directly to the game's RiseofMankind folder so everything went exactly where it was intended to go. It makes no sense why it won't work.

Did you have the prereq tech? Wasn't it animal huspandry, or did you change it strategyonly?

Did you have the prereq tech? Wasn't it animal huspandry, or did you change it strategyonly?

Yeah, it still is, remember i said something about that earlier today, i even forgot about the preq:p (Different issue but in a way same result)

Thanks, so when I reach animal husbandry will those resources show up, or is it just battles you have after reaching animal husbandry?

Dang i keep forgetting about this stuff, but YES you need to change the init file. its in Assets/Config/(init)

needs to read like this:

Code:
<events module="AnimalBonus">	</events>

Spoiler :
Code:
<!-- Rise of Mankind -->
	<events module="WarPrizes">	</events>
	<events module="WorldFair">	</events>
	<events module="ScreenResolutionSize">	</events>
	<events module="CvWaterAnimalsModEventManager">	</events>
	<events module="NukeAfterEffects">	</events>
	<events module="WarriorsOfGod">	</events>
	<events module="CvMercEventManager">	</events>
	<events module="SubdueAnimals">	</events>
	<events module="Espionage">	</events>
	<events module="AnimalBonus">	</events>
	<events module="Militia">	</events>		
	<events module="CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager">
	</events>
	<!-- Rise of Mankind end -->

I just have so many animal things going on.

Thanks, because I was just about to say it ain't workin'. I'll try again with the change.

Top Bottom