Streaming from my PC to my PS3?

Tsoate

Prince
Can anyone help me with this? I have tried downloading several programs that claim to do this and I am not getting anywhere. I need someone willing to trouble shoot with me.

Thanks.

It's easy to use to. Download, open, go into the options and find where to browse to directory and folder where you keep your media. Make sure the program is launched first and it finishes transcoding (you will see a big green check mark on main screen. Then turn on PS3 and under video you should see the PS3 Media Server icon.

Did you navigate to the folder where you keep your video files in the PS3 Media Server on your computer? After selecting it may take a couple of minutes for the red X to turn to the green check.

If that does not work, close out of the program, reboot then open media server back up. If you have selected the proper folder this should do it.

The media server plays everything I throw at it. MKV, MPEG, MPEG4, AVI (even those pesky ones that won't play in WMP), and what ever else I have in my vast library. Not sure about FLV though.

Sorry, I am at work now so I can't remember exactly how to navigate to folder...I just did it the other day to when I moved all my files over to my new 2TB drive lol.

:( I restarted my computer on the advise of a youtube tutorial and now i am back to "searching for renders" Could that be because I added all my videos.. should it take 5+mins?

The searching for renders is normal but 5 minutes seems long. You did select the folder for video location didn't you? That is very important and fairly logical to locate after sifting through the program.

Open up the PS3 and you should see the Icon along with the media player icon in your video list on the PS3. It functions just like windows media player but with waaaaay better codec support.

When you click the icon you should then see all your video files ready for streaming goodness.

O ya..

Make sure the folder you want PS3 to see is "shared". If you already have the privileges set and are able to see the computer on the PS3 than this can be the only other thing I can think of. Make sure you can see the PS3 on the network with your computer and give it access.

I can't see the PS3 on my laptop either. I am on Vista

My PS3 is on the internet, so i know it is connected, but for whatver reason laptop and ps3 cannot see each other.

I might be forced to pay someone to come and flick switches for an hour to get this done :(

Well, at least we have the problem narrowed down. You are almost there. Just look for some youtube videos of how to connect to ps3 with your operating system. I am sure you can find some information for music streaming that might give a better description for connecting with the ps3.

If you are going through the same router than opening network sharing center and then looking at "see full map" should give you the ability to spot the ps3. Choose homegroup and sharing options is another place to check settings.

I found a solution.. buying a shiny and new 42" Sony TV.
I bought it, turned it on.
I connected it to my houses internet/wifi
Somehow, automatically it can see all the films on my laptop!!

Top Bottom