Strongest and weakest ai.

Koszmar

Chieftain
Before I move up to the next level I was thinking of having a 2v2 always war against the two strongest military ai and the weakest military ai on my side.

Would you say Ragnar and Genghis with Washington or Ghandi on my side?

Thanks.

In my experience the undisputed number one warmongerer is Montezuma, with Shaka following on place two. Only then do Genghis and Ragnar come into play. Gandhi is the obvious choice as your ally, though Washington should do too (America being arguably a weaker Civ than India).

Are you looking for the most aggressive warmonger or the most able?

Yeah, there's something to that. Ragnar is a pretty capable warmonger, as far as keeping up in techs goes (no AI is actually at all capable at war).

It depends on the set-up, but the opposing team in AW would be best with Ragnar, Julius Caesar, and/or Sitting Bull.

If you remove the AW element and simply play with teams, put Zara Yaqob and Catherine on the other side.

Lincoln and Freddy would be weak allies, AW or not.

In my experience the undisputed number one warmongerer is Montezuma, with Shaka following on place two. Only then do Genghis and Ragnar come into play. Gandhi is the obvious choice as your ally, though Washington should do too (America being arguably a weaker Civ than India).

Montezuma builds fewer units than shaka and can follow a religious strategy. Shaka does not follow a religious strategy under ordinary circumstances. Shaka/Genghis would be a more true warmonger pairing.

Gandhi is the weakest, but sitting bull has the highest peace weight/warmongers hate him the most on average.

Personally, I've had the greatest challenges from the Shaka/Ghandi duo starting on another continent, to give them time before the war starts. With Shaka expanding and Ghandi researching, that Zulu army is pretty dangerous considering it's size and those awesome A.I. instantaneous upgrade bonuses.

So if say Montezuma ai fought Shaka ai who would win?

Given perfectly equal starts otherwise, typically shaka would win:

- AI doesn't use Jags well so this actually hurts monty to have them.
- Shaka builds more units.
- AI doesn't whip well but it spams barracks ---> more shaka advantage
- Shaka has less probability of doing something like going for multiple religions or culture

Both of these guys fall off in the late game unless they're really massive, but shaka is consistently more effective as a pure warmonger.

Now that would be a Royal Rumble to witness, Shaka vs Monty. Terrain type would definitely be a factor in that game.

Zara Yaqob would be a good ally because he always manages to tech like a madman and have a fairly strong empire. I hate that guy.

I always manage to conquer Monty during whatever time period, because he is so easy to out tech and doesn't seem to spam units unless he is planning an attack, which makes him easy to defeat. Saladin can be a problem, but I manage to usually keep small, usually as an on-and-off enemy. Shaka and I war with each other, and I try and keep good relations with Rags if he has enemies to keep him busy.

well guys are right with pointing at shaka, monty as the biggest warmongers, but if you really would like challenging game

what about Sury, Mehmed in the enemy team...

your partner should be for what I care either of German/USA leaders... Zara is actually strong leader.

Freddy or Lincoln should be "best" partners (bismarck is in the end a bit more promilitary and washington likes to expand and thanks to traits is strong)

Ghandi would give you strong advantage with religion imo and fast workers (which I dunno if you can somehow share in team or not).

Looking for a challange ? ;) Play as Rome in RFC (3000 B.C scenario) and bring it up to modern age ;) controlling all of Europe, Egypt, Istanbul (Constinople) and England, be the first to Colonize America, conquer Maya, and land known as Mexico ;) and if feeling strong enough bring US to it's knees establishing Yourself as a ruler of the world ^^ (while watchig out for Russia - they have a nasty unique power of winter damage to Your units every turn ;) )

Freddy can wonderspam decently to indirectly support a teammate, so despite being a wimp, he's not totally useless.

Lincoln, on the other hand, is generally inept at everything.

The civ most likely to conquer you on Deity is Shaka. He is a beast in every era.

The civ most likely to roll over and die is probably Ghandi ya.
I'd also consider De Gaulle a weakling. He surrenders at the drop of a hat.

Top Bottom