Struggling With OpenOffice

Red Door

Man of Mayhem
Hey everyone,

I recently downloaded OpenOffice because all I had was WordPerfect, and I really hated that, and it really badly converted Word documents to it. Anyways, case in short, I need to be able to download .doc formats and edit parts of it for something I'm doing. Problem is that OpenOffice says that A)either the document is read-only, and everything I've checked says it's not and 2)there is a large graphic that I cannot delete because of A. So, if someone has had the same problem and solved it, or has ideas on how to solve it, those would be most appreciated. Even another program that opens .doc documents would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Red Door

How did you make sure its not read-only? Its possible that it was set as read only, and int hat case...just copy-paste all the stuff you need to a new document...

How did you make sure its not read-only? Its possible that it was set as read only, and int hat case...just copy-paste all the stuff you need to a new document...

It said every time I tried to edit something that it is or delete a background on the file.

Top Bottom