stupid ai

kristopherb

Protective/Charismatic
the title says it all
Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
:eek:

Wait..so you have sent a massive force of one of the most powerful units in the game against an AI that you have outsized and outteched (and which has probably already been beaten up a few times by Isabella)...and the fact that you somehow managed to win is suddenly proof that the AI is stupid?

C'mon, you can do better than that ;)

Plus you can always turn up the difficulty level.
(Unless you are playing at the top difficulty level which I am almost certain you are not)

I'm fed up with people cussing civ's AI. The AI in civ4 is absolutely fantastic considering the immence task it has.... and I challenge anyone who says otherwize to a duel to the death.:ar15: :ar15:

IF anyone's ever played GalCiv 2, that's a prime example of good AI.

Not how it started...the AI was rather so-so then...but through patches, the devs improved the AI immensely. Every time the players would point something out about the stupidity of the AI, the devs would fix it. Although, to be fair, GalCiv 2 is more simplistic than Civ IV

I know Civ 4 has done the same thing...I recently came back to Civ IV and Noble difficulty is FAR harder than I remember it. But what I'd like to see is even more AI improvement in patches

I agree the screenshot does not prove the AI's stupidity. Merely its current position. Unless there is an amusing story behind it in some way.

Also to throw in, the AI doesn't get smarter on the higher levels. Just cheaper stuff.

I think there is something amusing about the picture - it looks like they've opted for suicide, and set their city on fire. :lol:

Why doesn't the AI try to take the settler and worker to safety with the galley, even as it seems unavoidable that it will loose the city very soon ?

the resourse is corn dalis on
that stack was hlf my invasoin force
i cant raze because of the cant raze optoin +i like keeping the capitals as tropeys

kristopherb said:
the resourse is corn dalis on
that stack was hlf my invasoin force
i cant raze because of the cant raze optoin +i like keeping the capitals as tropeys

Ah I see, unless the Ai wanted to get at those Fish and Clams.

But I think the AI is brilliant in Civ4 but it sometimes annos me when they AI is about to capture my City then just stops attacking.

Artanis said:
Wait..so you have sent a massive force of one of the most powerful units in the game against an AI that you have outsized and outteched (and which has probably already been beaten up a few times by Isabella)...and the fact that you somehow managed to win is suddenly proof that the AI is stupid?

C'mon, you can do better than that ;)
the ai has settled on corn

Wheat actually.

The reason for this is that AI always settles right in its starting position (the city on the screenshot was capital, right?), which is pretty stupid. This is a small problem but I don't know why AI is unable to change its capital placement. In other cases AIs avoid placing their cities on resource tiles

Top Bottom