Stupid settling (can be closed or deleted)

one city which is way to far away from capital -> ultra high upkeep for that city and on closed borders no chance to get units there.

Jute is a barbarian tribe in Civ IV its been conquerored.

Plus it actually seems to be in a good area and give them a good chance of expanding to this point.

A good conquest if you ask me.

I know the rest of the game. Sitting Bull settled between that city and the rest of the Khmer empire. Taking over barbarian cities far away makes no sense in my opionion.

Whats your point ? That city was not settled. Therefore this is not a good choice to illustrate settling problems.

Personally I dont think it was a bad choice to conquer that city. Looks like it only took a couple of units. Things could have turned out differently and the rest of the Khmer empire could of joined up with it.

Maintance costs are only based on distance to capital so even if there were cities around it, it wont cost more to maintain than if there were nt.

Unless the city is has strong cultural pressure on there's no reason to give it up.

I could see your point if the Khmer had to waste building a settler to get it but they didnt.

Maintance costs are only based on distance to capital so even if there were cities around it, it wont cost more to maintain than if there were nt.

number of cities AND distance.

I could see your point if the Khmer had to waste building a settler to get it but they didnt.

well, you are right. :) ok lets close this.

Look north. That city has another city adjacent to it, just north of it.

It looks like a reasonable conquest, especially given that the AI plays on a relatively fixed economic difficulty level. With the pro-AI handicaps at high levels, building sprawling empires is relatively easy.

Top Bottom