Such a disappointment...

Geekyone

Chieftain
Thats all I can say about this game.

It fustrates me that it was release with so much of nothing and yet so many bugs.

Maps are too small.

Trains and tracks are too big.

Laying track is test of pactience.

Bugs are killer in this game. (I've reinstalled twice)

Lag in Multiplayer is awful....why?

No editor or seniro(sp?) creator?

well an editor/map generator is comming in the second patch and therein is my hope that the modders fix the game

The patch addresses most of the bugs and a map editor is forthcoming. I understand how people can feel disappointed with this game since the previous Railroad games had allot more depth. I find the game addicting and fun the play. I am sure with patches and the Railroad community making mods and maps this game will become what people expected.

i agree Zycore. As of right now I am very disappointed with the game and what it was right off the shelves, but with a patch or two, mods, and maps this game will definitely become pretty decent.

Thought I'd try the game again -- haven't played it since I first got it, and even then I didn't really even play it. Seems like people still agree, it sucks.

Reignking said:
Thought I'd try the game again -- haven't played it since I first got it, and even then I didn't really even play it. Seems like people still agree, it sucks.
um

how long ago did you get this game??

Or will you try it again over thanksgiving?

zycore said:
The patch addresses most of the bugs and a map editor is forthcoming. I understand how people can feel disappointed with this game since the previous Railroad games had allot more depth. I find the game addicting and fun the play. I am sure with patches and the Railroad community making mods and maps this game will become what people expected.

How do you really mod a game that has no depth to begin with? I can't believe they gutted it as bad as they did and didn't realize what a flop it was going to be with the Railroad Tycoon community! Oh sure, there will be the diehard fanboys, but in the end, the sales numbers will tell the true story.

I'm back to playing Railroad Tycoon 3. It's more like a Sid Meier's Railroad game then this current Firaxis fiasco.

rupertlittlebea said:
um

how long ago did you get this game??

Or will you try it again over thanksgiving?

3 weeks ago....tried it for hours the day I got it, and it was sloooow, not fun, and missing so much. Not to mention the teeny tiny maps!

Well the game runs fast on my computer or do you mean the game play is feels slow? Anyways building a railroad empire sim game isn’t meant for speed.
I am not here to bash this game or argue. I really like this game and yes the maps are small but I bet they did that to keep the system requirements reasonable and the graphics looking good. If they made huge maps I bet the graphics would of had to been dumbed down. Yes the game has way too many bugs. I am willing to wait for a patch. The fact is that every time I play it I don’t want to stop playing. Its fun to watch my trains go from point to point. Yes I even like railroad documentaries’ and table top rail roads. So this game is perfect for me. If you don’t like the game my advice is to sell it on E-Bay. Once the patch comes out it will be a more fulfilling game to play.

i agree the maps are small.....and lot of cities are missing. RRTIII has really gr8 maps, with full detail. although not from the US, i still liked to play the map with the whole of United states, that is missing in this.

Just wanted to say, the patch has improved things for me quite a bit. Much less crashy, and gameplay is a lot smoother.

The only thing that still bugs me is the odd map scale. The tracks & trains are so large compared to the distance between cities that it is very difficult to do much complex routing.

Top Bottom