Suggestion: Great Artist for Newborn Civs!

Úmarth;6880508 said:
You've yet to establish that since you're talking about a GG for Mongolia, not GAs for all civs.

Actually, the first to suggest a GG for Mongolia was Poppa Candy, not me. I just said that I agreed with him. I also said why: because in my games Mongolia is always weak or mediocre. If you disagree with the latter argument, please explain why.

If anything you are the one posting off topic.

Am I? How so?

In the current version, everything is fine, every UHV is doable on Monarch.

UHVs are not the point. The point is the AI might be more competitive if some of the newborn Civs like Mongolia were to spawn with a Great Person.

UHVs are not the point. The point is the AI might be more competitive if some of the newborn Civs like Mongolia were to spawn with a Great Person.

I think that Great Persons aren't the solution for that problem. Their programmed strategy is to attack China, so what they need are extra units. Also China should have a chance to survive and in my experience, chances are 50/50 so it is balanced enough IMO.

China (600 AD) is way overpowered right now. Free Great Wall means they they don't need to defend against barbs from the Himalayas and they almost always build Guiyang, which makes Khmer much harder. I've never seen China collapse since the most recent patch except after 1700 (it used to be 50:50 around the 1300-1400). Mongolia actually is collapsing more frequently as early as 1500's which I've not seen before.
I would love a starting great general (Genghis Khan) for Mongolia to even the odds.

China (600 AD) is way overpowered right now. Free Great Wall means they they don't need to defend against barbs from the Himalayas and they almost always build Guiyang, which makes Khmer much harder. I've never seen China collapse since the most recent patch except after 1700 (it used to be 50:50 around the 1300-1400). Mongolia actually is collapsing more frequently as early as 1500's which I've not seen before.
I would love a starting great general (Genghis Khan) for Mongolia to even the odds.

Great Wall or not, pulling off the UHVs for the human player is really hard in the 600 AD start. 8 temples, and 2 cathedrals in 40 turns is rough.

That said, rather than give civs great people to start, I'm inclined to give them more proper balanced starting areas, more troops, or settlers, or workers or whatever. You could go on and on about the seminal people starting an empire. As far as the Great wall, you could easily tweak it so that it only runs west to east, so the Nepalese Swordsmen can still get through. Of course, its not like 2 cho-ko-nu in Xian wouldn't kill all but the mightiest hordes.

Top Bottom