Suggestion: Tech Tree filters

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Is it possible to make filters, that show only certian techs, that unlocks stuff specified by filter?

That is (special) buildings, national/world wonders, projects, civics, improvements, units and promotions filters.

Then I'll summon @Dancing Hoskuld here.

This feature would be useful, as you could look at specific group of stuff.

Last edited:
Something like filtering out all tricks on the tech tree that you aren't concerned with? Oh, then you could actually -see- what a tech does instead of looking at million little icons! Sorely needed for C2C :blush:

And with a spiffy fade-out gradient for techs that don't do anything you care about.... yes, that is an enticing suggestion. Question is implementing it. Are technology tricks already fashioned with helpful metadata?

The code is 99% Platyping's. Currently you can
  1. select a start and end period for display.
  2. hide those techs you have researched
  3. hide/show those techs you can't research because you don't have the prerequisite buildings or resources.
I did try and hide the Wonder techs if someone has discovered them but there appears to be a bug in Koshlings PythonCallBack code. It works for the Great Farmer but nothing else. It is strongly suggested that you don't use PythonCallBacks (see XML file of same name) in BtS as it is very slow. This was always blamed on the Python side but it is actually mostly in the dll that the delay occurs.

I was going to see if I could get the tech colours to use the ones in RoM but did not get that far. I would have made it possible to set with your preferences with two presets as I know the difficulty some men have with colour blindness, I worked with two guys on the same project where one was Blue/Green and the other Red/Blue colour blind.

The main thing stopping me doing any of this is that I have not read/written information to an INI file which is needed to do this right.

The code is 99% Platyping's. Currently you can
  1. select a start and end period for display.
  2. hide those techs you have researched
  3. hide/show those techs you can't research because you don't have the prerequisite buildings or resources.
I did try and hide the Wonder techs if someone has discovered them but there appears to be a bug in Koshlings PythonCallBack code. It works for the Great Farmer but nothing else. It is strongly suggested that you don't use PythonCallBacks (see XML file of same name) in BtS as it is very slow. This was always blamed on the Python side but it is actually mostly in the dll that the delay occurs.

I was going to see if I could get the tech colours to use the ones in RoM but did not get that far. I would have made it possible to set with your preferences with two presets as I know the difficulty some men have with colour blindness, I worked with two guys on the same project where one was Blue/Green and the other Red/Blue colour blind.

The main thing stopping me doing any of this is that I have not read/written information to an INI file which is needed to do this right.
Why INI file is needed for this?
Building/unit production filters in cities do need it too?

Top Bottom