Sukhoi PAK FA (Su T-50)

The_Coyote

Emperor
The oncoming russian 5th generation fighter, maiden flight was this year (29.01.), introduction in the russian air force is planned in 2013. A two seat version (Sukhoi/HAL FGFA) of this project is planned for the indian air force

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_PAK_FA

the model has 613 vertices, 802 triangles
(the non shader version is stripified and has ~1500 triangles, is more or less a test to get the damage texture for non shader units to work)

comes with a 256 skin, 128 gloss (testmodel colour sheme, two camouflage version [with and without star, and a gray version [with gray teamcolor version]], used is suT50.dds)
(and 128 * 256 damage texture which should (better: "i hope" ;) ) work, but damage stats were not tested so far)

uses vanilla jetfighter animation, scale for pics was identical to the jetfighter entries

Dl: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14661

Ciao,
The_Coyote

Edit: Dl changed with new damage texture - also attached here for the previous downloader

Attachments

• demo_all.jpg
    demo_all.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,480
  • jetfighter_damaged.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 181
I've a question:
I'm using Scene Viewer to check the vertice and triangle counts.
Is that tool so bad, because it's reporting 1604 triangles and 1226 vertices?
(please note that I'm not questioning what you claim, The Coyote, I'm just questioning this tool and my method of deciding whether to use a unit or not based on triangles...)

thanks all :)

@ snafusmith
perhaps top notch second class :lol: , i still didn´t reached your and asioasioasio level so far (and to reach this level there is still a long way to go for me)

@ avain
it´s the reason how the jetfighter nifs works - the model itself has the polycount i posted, but in the jetfighter nif the model exists two times. One is for the 'normal' situation, the second instance shall be for the death sequence
(only one of the two models is visibile, so the polycount to display is half the number sceneviewer says)

i´m not completely sure if the death model is really used by the game (tbh the jetfighter animation is a bit confusing to me, i always have the feeling that there is something broken on my machine), at least on my machine i cant´rememeber to see a plane breaking into parts so far while dying

Edit: ups, i discovered that i must rework the damage texture - will reupload the package if i have done it (the base texture of the damage texture was the test model skin - and there is too much of the this texture left ...)

Good to see you back Coyote. :goodjob:

I was wondering if you ever got around to fixing that Norse missionary unit I sent you a while back?

@ all
change damage texture in the dl and attached teh new one in the OP. Should be now suitabel for all skins

@ The Capo
sorry not, i still really lack of time (i hadn´t the time to check tihs forum the last 2 months) - i hope that with the beginning of may it will be better (please remind if the issue is still open than). I only wanted to say with this model that i´m still around and bump my changed sig with the "sorry, but i´m really busy" comment

This is quite nice. I wish more folks would make aircraft models with shaders! Well done.

Nice job and thank for this. Have you a button for your unit plz?

thanks again :)

@adamamri
sorry, but i don´t make buttons (even for myself) - it´s up to you to create your one, or dl a mod which uses this model and has a button.

You can't just plug it somewhere into the files, because it's "just" art, like most of the stuff in this subforum. You'll have to add it yourself to the game, because Civ4 does not really know what to do with it.

If you're serious about it, then you should take a look at this tutorial.
Else you should probably look into the modpacks section. Everything in there is ready to play, without the need to do much yourself.

Top Bottom