1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer 2017 Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

I haven't tried post-patch, but pre patch, it seemed to significantly vary depending on if they were going for a cultural victory or if it was themed or not themed.

2. Windscion

Windscion Chieftain Supporter

Well, I turned off all my mods and started a new game. The forward settling is out of hand, tha AIs want to talk to me WAY too often, and they push (unsolicited) deals in my face and say "This is not acceptable!" Then why the hades are you wasting my, foo?
    But what made me ragequit was when Gil said to me (this is ancient age still, ye ken?) something like "Nuclear weapons are the future of war. You must see that."

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Enemy spy activity is really strong in my current game. Possibly due to cheaper spies. I've been lucky up until now, had my industrial buildings sabotaged. They are all going after me apparently. Had about 5 enemy spy operations in the past 10 turns.

edit: another change, it's significantly easier to maintain suzerain status with city-states now. They are indeed spreading their envoys around rather than concentrating on 1 or 2 city states.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  4. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

So the patch is a bust? ughhh

5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Who knows?
    It's hard to trust many of the reports from Disgustipated and others who reported bugs
    that were due to compatibility issues with mods, or their own mistakes.
    I hope somebody comes up with a definitive list soon.

It has worked very well for me with Ynamp, Giant map, ludicrous size, 25
    civs, 43 city-states. It runs quite a bit faster, but the AIs are less aggressive
    at the start and don't denounce anywhere near as strongly as pre-patch.

I haven't seen anything game breaking, or even unusual in almost continuous play
    since the release, and continuous autoplay on another machine.

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

So some odd trades like a great work of writing for another even though it makes no differewnce but yes they are happy to trade works a lot easier which is nice in some ways
    They are spreading those envoys around but still trying to get 3 & 6

The big change I have noticed tonight is friends no longer guarantee allies.

sonicmyst likes this.
  7. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

Eagle -- I have had the opposite in a post-patch game I just started. On diety (which might have something to do with it) -- Alex and I trade gems for cash, next turn I create my second settler and BOOM!, Alex, Kongo and Rome (everybody that I have met) all declare war on me.

FWIW, before the patch, I did have a game where Alex played like a child-man, lovy-dovy and really not warlike at all. I'm thinking every now and then, the alternative, unknown random trait might be one that just causes him to go soft.

8. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

That might explain it. I kind of always waited till near the end and only asked those with a lot of great works.

I'll say for me the only thing really bad I noticed was the AI deals, particularly to get out of a war. I'm not 100% sure it's from the patch, but enough people had similar complaints that I really noticed it. I didn't have the extreme ALL CITIES deal, but I tend to peace out earlier.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I wouldn't say that. I'm just reporting what I see. I'd say what's fixed is better than what new bugs cropped up. Most of the new bugs are fairly minor. I can't comment on AI deals, I only was in 1 war where I actually took an AI city (Persia), the other wars I just decimated their armies playing defense. Those deals seemed okay to me, but my difficulty level isn't the top 2 levels, so the AI didn't have that much at that stage of the game to give me. And I never got in a war past the rennaissance age.

My map mod is currently off, but my game was started with the yet another map mod on, that may have caused some issues, is why I'm asking if other people have similar experiences. My game is completeable, and I'll finish the space race tomorrow as Nubia. It has been an enjoyable experience. I'm sure to play again.

One thing I've noticed is I'm raking in the gold. I'm not sure if it was a patch change, or just something about Nubia (the Pyramids only give like +1 gold when next to a commercial district right?- so where's all this gold coming from?) My last 2 games prior to this I was struggling to get over 100 gold per turn (by mid game). In this game I got over 400 gold per turn fairly early. Am I missing something about Nubia? Does the Pyramids boost the Commercial district as well? (I'm not talking about build times).

10. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Plantations now give an extra 1 gold after the patch, so that will be a contributing factor.

11. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

"Increased Lake generation" Not a bad idea but they seem to have gone too far.

I started 3 new games post patch and 2 of them had what seemed like too many lakes taking up too many hexes and making placement of functional cities more difficult. Water tiles are not exactly the most valuable / useful hexes in Civ6. :) In addition, areas with more lakes seem to have fewer rivers.

For a standard size map, I don't think any lake should be bigger than 3 hexes, and more frequently only 2 hexes. The increased lake generation should probably be toned down a bit.

My samples were on a standard size Pangaea map, default map generation options (not high water level).

12. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

I agree. Before this patch, I thought great works could only be traded by most AIs in peace deals.

Another bug I forgot to mention is that the notification counter is missing in a small windowed resolution. You can have 6 notifications stacked and not see the number. Weirdly, the numbers would reappear sometimes after clearing a few.

13. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

I was waiting for the patch after the patch after the next patch.

Now I'm waiting for the patch after the next patch.

So, progess.

14. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

I have "only" read the first 8 pages :lol:, but the Settler increase has really messed up my build orders. I've always had 3-4 Settlers one turn from finishing pre-patch, then I allow the lowest production city to pop the first one (same with Builders). Usually you can get the entire pile to finish in maybe 5-7 turns. Now, even my best production city loses at least 3 turns, forget about other cities. So to play a peaceful building game, you have to run the card a crazy amount of time. So you might as well keep building Settlers in every city, even if those won't finish until the next round 30 turns later... Meanwhile the warmonger is running much better cards and not using hammers on Settlers to min/max. :undecide:

15. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Has anyone tested if city walls stay damaged when you trade a city? The last patch fixed the city healing on trade but not the city walls

CS

16. dsinsocal

dsinsocal Chieftain

I'm Japan. Nubia is declared friend. Can't make a simple trade of spice (I have 2) for ivory (she has 3). She is demanding that I kick in an additional 150 gold. I'm at turn 102

Does this strike anyone as odd? If I can't make a straight resource trade with a declared friend, I can't imagine how trading with non-friends is going to be.

Sherlock likes this.
  17. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Not so odd. One scenario could be that you are a larger civ than Nubia: the lux has more value to you.
    Also, check your relationship with them: just because you are friends, there may be other factors.

18. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

That's been a consistent issue for me since the start - I'm really not sure how they judge the value of these things. Maybe some logic about how much they 'need' a resource? It's much rarer to get one-to-one trades like you could in 5. But then sometimes they'll pay you ridiculous amounts for things.

19. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

That is one thing that I do like. Alliances should be earned, not gained by merely having a friendship pact. I don't think alliances should be simply purchased like any other trade item. The willingness to form an alliance should be based on how long you've been friends, sharing religions/governments & providing preferable trade deals with them.....not being friends with their enemies should help too ;).

Arnold_T and Ferocitus like this.
  20. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord

I've found this too and it seemed to be the case that the deal they offer is just slightly worse than what they are willing to accept. I have been able to reduce say the gold by one and then they are willing to accept the deal.