1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer 2017 Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Well, I've started a new game, & I can confirm that AI Civs are *way* too keen to seek friendship with me......compared to previous games. Seriously, Victoria shouldn't be banging down my door-one turn after meeting me-begging to be friends!!!!

2. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

Maybe you are just too loveable? Because I'm having to defend myself from a neverending alliance between the Arabs and Russians. It's pretty fun.

3. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

I believe a hot-fix is going to be in order ;).

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I have a luvy-dovy Alex in my game, and this is in no way normal. So something is amiss, even if it isn't applicable every time.

5. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

If anything it seems like they are only behaving in extremes, everyone in my game has either loved me off the bat or denounced and attempted to kill me. :shifty:

WorldWarIV likes this.
  6. oedali

oedali King

I started (and lost) 3 games already post-patch on Deity so it's almost as if I'm playing a different game than what the people are talking about here.. my impression is yes the AI are friendlier towards EACH OTHER but not the human player on higher difficulty levels. Which is what the devs intended so it seems to be working fine IMO and makes the game harder.

Leathaface likes this.
  7. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Not necessarily friendlier, in my game Cleopatra almost conquered up Peter, including his capital. She has always been my friend though, too. Peter hates me, obviously.

8. esoba

esoba Warlord

Wanted to chime in. Started a new game as Nubia and it was like a giant hippy love fest.

Ozymandias9891 and Seadoba like this.
  9. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

This.
    The whole world is friends... and then there's me... denounced 2 turns after we've met... Dow'd (had troops on my borders, so I preemptively struck) early and often, and I was at war with 3 civs at once early game.
    Btw Nubia is amazingly powerful. +50% to production means you can have your slingers in 2-3 turns ready to be upgraded into UU (unfortunately upgrade cost is 60 gold and not 30). 30 base strength + 12 from promotions means even the lowly archer replacement stays relevant even into 100 turns, and they can move onto hill and shoot in the same turn too. Pair with a GG (if you manage to get one...) for 4 movement, 47 strength, 2-tile ranged units (in contrast, recall that an unpromoted field cannon owned by a vanilla civ does 50 ranged damage) which can basically zip across the map like horses.. you just need something to bring down the walls (a ram and knight or two or three or four will do) and they clean the map much better than X-bows. +50% exp gain means at the end of the game I have several double shot units. Forget the pyramid UI... it's too situational and +40% to district production is nothing when you can simply take the AI's districts for "free".

10. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Actually, alliances appear to be harder to get, I tried to ally 2 of my long-term friends for maps and the inspiration, but both refused. :< Before the patch, they were always quick to join!

11. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Well, declarations of friendships prevent you from declaring war. Sounds like AI is into self preservation more.

12. DizzKneeLand33

DizzKneeLand33 Fall from Heaven 2 still rocks

So, the cede city issue is still not fixed? If this is indeed not fixed, and the settler costs are increased at the same time, then war is even cheaper and better now. Period. And it snowballs.

Settler costs now are like making principal payments on your mortgage. The earlier you make these payments, the more you save on the back end.

So, if I can take/steal 5 cities/settlers early in the game, I am saving the costs on each and every settler I actually build all the way through the game. I don't know the exact numbers, but the bottom line is that it is the costs on the final 5 settlers (had you built them all instead of capturing/stealing), not the initial 5 settlers. That makes a *huge* difference, and makes this now a war game on higher levels. It is actually stupid to not go to war early. The trade off is not cheaper settlers, but MORE EXPENSIVE ONES. :think:

A lot of the comments here are good, but it would be even better if you can tell us what level you are playing with your experience. Was the AI all friendly with the human on Immortal, or Prince? Things like that.

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Doesn't this just mean there is less competition from others who have eaten their neighbor once you've eaten yours?

And you two are whining about it, except that this is not the place to whine about people whining, and it is exactly the place to whine about patch balance.

14. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Is this even something Firaxis does? :confused:

15. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

Not in my experience. I bought and returned the Nubia DLC because I didn't expect them to fix the problems they introduced yesterday until they want me to buy something again.

This company needs to learn to fix their games for the sake of fixing their games. Right now their idea is to release the patch at the same time as the DLC to make the DLC more attractive. As a result, few people can enjoy their new DLC with all of the bugs they introduced. I wish people would stop being so nice to Firaxis about this. There is no reason to not fix bugs and introduce balance changes on a regular basis. Every other 4x game I play does this.

HF22 and AntoineS like this.
  16. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Cannot win on level 'emperor'.

It is still possible to make peace with city states at any time, even if you have just declared war on their suzerain.
    I am VERY surprised that they did NOT fix this issue. It canot be that hard to fix, considering that this is somehting that worked correctly in earlier versions of the game.

17. drubell

drubell Prince

I had to scrap two immortal games because, as a result of the settler nerf, I can't get the land I want (as in, my second/third cities) and that's also delaying my ability to build additional encampments to get a great general out on time.

Maybe I just don't play well but damn, man.

18. AntoineS

AntoineS Chieftain

@HumanCrouton I don´t know about other games but I sure agree with you... also I really wanted to tell you your username cracks me up :)

19. drubell

drubell Prince

My experience on Immortal is that everyone hates everyone else a lot more than before. In every game I started, multiple city-states were dying by turn 20 and at least one civ was reduced to one city.

20. Bibs

Bibs Chieftain

I noticed the AI offering to exchange great works of writing with me as long as I threw in some luxuries and gold. I get it with art or relics, any reason to do this with writing?