1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by lincoln_lyf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. demostene

demostene Chieftain

Thanks Licoln, this is simply awesome.

One more thing: could I possibly make some suggestions about the units' progression? I really love the new units, which fill a huge gap in the rooster, but I think that they are somewhat misplaced in the technology tree. In particular, it is slightly odd to have the cuirassiers and the volley gun, both "Napoleonish" (if not later) side by side with the first gunpowder unit of the game, which basically is a XVIth century musketeer. What I would suggest is to move the cuirassiers and the volley gun to a slightly later technology, maybe along with the cannon. Also, it would be great if you could make some changes to properly represent the 1500-1650 pike&shot warfare - for instance, it would be great to have both the musketeers and the tercio at gunpowder, making the former a ranged unit, i.e. the upgrade of the crossbowmen (more powerful, but with with reduced range 1) and the latter the upgrade of the pikeman. Then the musketeer could upgrade to volley gun, and the tercio to rifleman (or even better, to a new in-between unit, the XVIIIth-century, American revolution-style, "line infantry" - the former American Unique Unit, the Minutemen, would provide the perfect model without any need to create a new one).

I know that fans who make complex suggestions without providing actual help are something of a pain in the a**, but your mod is spectacular, and I would love to see it improved further!

thanks again and bests

2. guto8797

guto8797 Chieftain

Hello. I have tought of a few things I think would be nice in the mod, and I would like to hear your opinion.

1st: Random events, such as the ones in the Communitas Mod would be amazing, I think they are one of the few things I'll miss about communitas.

2nd: Nuclear Warfare. Right now there is no M.A.D in civ, because of the turn system, CIV A launches all 5 nukes against CIV B, destroying its nuclear arsenal. No chance of retaliation. So i suggest a new ability for Nuke Missiles: "M.A.D". This ability targets a city, and if the CIV owner of that city fires nuclear missiles against the civ owner of the M.A.D mode Nuke, it automatically fires back. I don't know the limitations on the turn engine, but during that period the missile could be set to invulnerable, to avoid being destroyed.

THis does raise an issue tough. CIV A has 5 nukes, CIV B has 5 M.A.D nukes. CIV A launches one Nuke, and has the player is about to launch the next, the MAD system kicks in, launching all 5 MAD nukes, destroying CIV A Nukes in the process. I don't know if it would be doable, but a way to launch severall nukes at one would be nice.

The thing of this MAD system is that all civs would get a warning: Alexander is M.A.D at Cesar. setting MAD against a civ makes it angry, but decreases by a huge ammount the chance of nuclear attacks.

It wouldn't completelly lockdown the Nukes, as bombers and stealth bombers don't trigger M.A.D.

What do you think? Is it doable, or the main question, Worth doing?

3. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

Hello! Thank you for this great mod.

I haven't finished the game yet, but experiencing several balance issues.

1) Often fells out of the unit supply limit (that causes the production penalty). I only hope that AIs have the same limitations.
    2) Religion spreads naturally too fast. I even had to disband missionaries because there weren't cities without religion. I believe that a player should take more effort to spread his religion.
    3) Too much gold from foreign trade routes. (150 gpt from trade routes in the ancient era seems to be pretty much.)

Large map, epic speed, Emperor.

Does anyone else feel something wrong with these issues?

4. guto8797

guto8797 Chieftain

Any way to make this compatible with City State Diplomacy? It causes the game to freeze and it uses the CityView.lua

5. TheChineseOne

TheChineseOne Chieftain

How do I get this mod to work with Gedemon's Giant earth map and 43 civs?

6. bladex

bladex Emperor

nearly finished my current game the mod is good but there are many problems with it...

7. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Marathon only slows down the research progress. The building and training cost are the same with the Epic speed.

8. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Please try some higher difficulties levels such as lv10, lv11, lv12

9. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Sorry but the AESTHETICS tech is named as "TECH_ART_THEORY" in NewTechnology.xml. (because the "AESTHETICS") sometimes may get confused with the "AESTHETICS" policy)

Your understanding is correct. "Era="ERA_CLASSICAL" will make this Tech appear under the "classical era" column. Good luck in your researching!

10. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Yes your history knowledge is admirable. However we always find ourselves restricted by the game "balance" as well as the limitation of the models and animation. Also making the game realistic sometimes mean making it less interesting.

Even so, your suggestions are valuable and maybe I'll find a balance point to make the both the reality and the game experience perform well. Thanks!

11. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Thanks for your smart ideas.

1, I'm sure there is already a Random events mod on Steam, but I forget its name. Maybe you could find it by searching.

2, M.A.D in the same turn is a nice idea to show what this word mean. The nuclear weapons will automatically fire back once attacked like the “Perimeter” in U.S.S.R. Actually this system will effectively stop the crazy human player from wiping out all AIs in one turn.

I think this idea is doable, the only problem is that it is hard to let AI know this system and they may cause trouble.

Thanks again for your great suggestion and please keep me posted if you come up with better ideas.

12. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Thanks for your feed backs.

1, AI will be forced to disband units if it is out of supply. You may build or conquer more cities and try to grow your population to get you more supply limit.

2, The religion spreading speed has been increased to keep the pace with the faster early game process. If you think it is too fast, you may tweak the SuperPowerBalance\XML\GameSpeedsTweak.xml to make it better for your taste.

3, I think the trade routes gold is fine since you will have much more expenditure due to the greatly increased building costs and research costs.

Also, try some higher difficulty levels for better game experience.
    Best.

13. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Maybe you could remove the CityView.lua in this mod to temporarily make them work together if you really need ity State Diplomacy. There is not so much tweaks in CityView.lua, removing it should not cause major problems.

14. lincoln_lyf

lincoln_lyf Warlord

Thanks to WHoward's great work, it is doable. You are allowed to use the Giant earth map and 43 civs by using the correct DLL.

Please go to WHoward's Pick'N'Mix Mods: http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/a0000dba-aff0-41ca-b50f-d0935faa8dd2/mod.html
    You will find a "DLL - Various Mod Components - 34 Civs" version of DLL compiled with support for 34, 43 and 62 major civs.

15. guto8797

guto8797 Chieftain

Thanks for noticing me Lincoln Senpai!

Expanding on the Nukes idea, i tought. But there should be a way, with skill and manpower to defeat a MAD civ... but how. So i think i got it. Preemptive strikes. Bomb a city and any nuke stationed withing gets major damage. Nukes released by bombers trigger no MAD. Spies reveal the location of MAD nukes. Point is, with skill and well... enough troops to eliminate all the nukes in one turn, a smart player (I dont think any AI would be smart enough for this; the AI could try.. maybe) may effectivelly negate a CIV's ability to retaliate.

Also, have you played ENDWAR? I suggest something from there, a Wonder in this case, if i recall, the SLAMS, Shield Land and Air Missile Defence. Wat is it? Basically a Orbital Ion Cannon that immediatly destroys nukes. Also, why are there no Ion Orbital Cannons in this? Would be amazing, imagine targeting a square and BZAAAAAAP. OFC, this wonder wouldn't be a 100% sucess rate, kinda like 50% or something.

16. dakota79

dakota79 Chieftain

Looks like a great mod.

I've installed everything as described... DLL file, Super Power Balance, Super Power Units, Building, Misc. Also has Infoaddict and RED. I'm having the non scrolling tech tree issue. I backed the additional mods off but it didn't do anything. Also cleared the catch.
    Everything loads great, gameplay is fast, just no scrolling tech tree. Any ideas?

17. bladex

bladex Emperor

i've tried prince and king still the same results. the ai never seems to evolve and is hemorrhaging gold only one ai was almost on par with me the whole games.

later on it's incredibly difficult to keep your gold in the green. i had to have nearly all my cities focus on gold and have them do the production to gold thing just to stay afloat all trade routes were used too.

i had 2000 science and it was still taking 12+ turns sometimes to get new technology in the modern era on quick setting.

it's a great mod but it has some serious flaws right now.

18. demostene

demostene Chieftain

Thanks Lincoln! I didn't want to be pedantic - I am not entirely for meticulous historicity. I mean, this is Civilization, right? Alexander against Ghandi! I just think that more units is more fun, and it is enjoyable to have the feeling that one is actually going through the evolution of warfare while playing. But the bottom line is that this mod is amazing as it is - keep on with the great work!

19. TheChineseOne

TheChineseOne Chieftain

I think it is an incompatibility with IGE. The textures that are missing are usually notification icons, wonder images, unit ifons, and constructing icons.sometimes the icons are not missing but they are replaced with weird things like zoomed in textures and images.

I have all the dlcs on

I am also getting the cargo ship bug and cancelling my nav tech or any tech isnt working. Sometimes the bug is gone and sometimes it is only for 1 od my cities. Other times it wont work no matter what.

Edit: i fixed most of the textures by loading ige last

The cargo ships sre working again but i have infinite range...

20. TheChineseOne

TheChineseOne Chieftain

So i have wait for this to get updated for the cargo ship and 34 civs to work?