Sweden 1650-1805

Well done Steph and Sandris! These have all been a long time coming, and I personally had given up on them when Sandris disappeared for so long. I'm so glad that he came back and that he has found an able assistant to help get this done. Cheers to both of you!

I've wanted these so badly, ever since the first previews over a year ago.

Thank you Sandris, thank you Steph! :hatsoff: This is a GREAT day!!! :cheers:

Great units. One question. Will there be making of Hussar armed with pistol because in civilopedia is written that at the end of 18 century Hussars often carried pistol.
Have you tried the animations by any chance?

What would a Jaeger be? Light Infantry? I know it translates to "Hunter" in a bunch of languages.

Also, good work as usual.

Jaegers were very often (but not always!) armed with rifles, instead of the smooth-bore muskets of the bulk of the infantry. Rifles had better accuracy and longer range than muskets, but took longer to load. In most countries at the time, jaegers were usually attached in small groups to larger infantry formations for scouting and skirmishing. They had a hard time defending themselves in an all out battle because of the lower rate of fire, so relied on their line infantry counterparts to defend them. Many countries also used more conventional "light infantry", armed with muskets and operating in battalion or even brigade sized formations, who usually moved quicker than the line infantry and specialized in skirmishing, but the jaegers or riflemen were generally considered an elite amongst that elite. Roughly. Ok Steph, correct me.

I'm fairly 100 percent certain for ever that Chasseur is French for hunter.

It is. But the opposite is not true (ie hunter is not the English for French chasseur).

Be careful would direct translation.
French "chasseur" can be translated as
- Hunter (when hunting animal)
- Rifleman (for the military)
- Fighter (for aircraft)
- Bellboy (hotel employee)

Quick test with wikipedia. I selected "chasseur à pied" entry for France, and then looked it up with other language.
French : chasseur à pied
German : Jäger
English : Rifleman, although the word Chasseur or Jager can also be used as is.
Portuguese : Caçador
And you can also have "voltigeur", which give in other language:
Italian : Volteggiatori
Polish : Woltyżer

Sandris, Steph, thank you very much for great (again, as always) and expected addition! :)
Are there arabian/turkish units in a building plan? I read about our creators rest time, just asked to be sure there'll be no news for some time.

Top Bottom