T.r.o.n. Pbem

looks like an interesting game, what exactly is this scenario over?

Originally posted by Eivind IV
I just post the Dutch turn anyway, asuming everything is allright :)

Dutch vessals with colonists are headed for the West Indies to establish trade colonies. Tentions have rosen on our eastern border, as we have seen our selves tired of the hopeless try to push back the Ottomans by the Holy Roman Empire. The ever advancing Ottomans must be stopped before conquering their way into Europe. Dutch officers recived reports of heavy fighting with Ottomans outside Moscow and in Northern Africa.

Great scenario kobayashi! :goodjob:

(BTW, what are the merchants good for? :confused: )

welcome aboard. The merchants must be ferried to where there are trade goods by a type of ship called the Nau. When the merchant collects (kills) the goods, you get a lot of gold and a new merchant. You will need to do this eventually as everyone is running a deficit.

Since we have five players, may I suggest we start again - the reason being that 5 players require a different events file which will make the merchant goods appear more frequently.

Eivind4 will need to rename the file events45.txt to events.txt (having renamed the default events.txt to something else like events1.txt) and then start the scenario as the Dutch.

We only went one turn so it won't be much of a hassle.

Tentions have rosen on our eastern border, as we have seen our selves tired of the hopeless try to push back the Ottomans by the Holy Roman Empire. The ever advancing Ottomans must be stopped before conquering their way into Europe. Dutch officers recived reports of heavy fighting with Ottomans outside Moscow and in Northern Africa.

Being an island nation, King Mord IV is not concerned by the advancing Ottomans. He is sure that you continentals will find some way to work around the problem. :p

Just in case, here is the beginning... :)

(Still havn't understand the thing about the merchants. Do you make money when "killing" goods? Looking thorugh the events.txt didn't help me either. I couldn't see any way how to get money out of it... :confused: )

(Still havn't understand the thing about the merchants. Do you make money when "killing" goods? Looking thorugh the events.txt didn't help me either. I couldn't see any way how to get money out of it... :confused: )

Say you discover the indian man with a crate (goods) at a certain coastal location in Africa. You ferry your merchant using a Nau or Eastindiaman to the location and 'collect' the goods by killing it. The goods disappear, your merchant disappears. You get a princely sum in gold and a new merchant appears in Amsterdam. If your merchant steps out of the comfort of a trading ship or city, he will die.

The goods appear randomly and there may be more than one stacked in the same space. If there are two, then you get double gold and two new merchants. There are two types of goods, common and rare. The rare type gives more gold than the other.

The process forces your trading ships to ply the route between your principal port and distant locations and simulates the ocean going trade that became prevalent in the Age of Sail.

France begins the new century by launching a search for the westbound route to the Indies. France has no quarrels with any of its neighbouring powers as long as they respect our borders.

We would like to confirm with the new monarchs of Holland and Spain if they wish to sign the FREE MERCHANTMEN PASSAGE TREATY.

General nod in the direction of Ohwell

BUMP!

Originally posted by Ohwell
Spain does not wish to sign the treaty. If we are at war with a power we will make sure that merchantmen travel to a Spanish port to be searched or be sunk.

So Spain is not a party to the FREE MERCHANTMEN PASSAGE TREATY.

I would just like to give a friendly reminder to the other members of FMPT that your merchant ships are still not safe in the sense that they may be sunk by pirates or hurricanes. Also that Nau have a chance of sinking out of sight of land.

Since the Spanish do not wish to sign the FMPT, and therefore admit they are willing and ready to sink English and other nations merchantmen ships, the Royal Navy has been instructed to board any Spanish traders that are sighted. King Mord IV hopes that his Spanish cousin will change his mind over such a crucial matter.

Mona Lisa finished in London at great cost, but King Mord IV hopes it will be worth it. (Hey, Deja Vu ;))

Top Bottom