Taking and sharing screenshots

gskyes

Warlord
I took a few screenshots in-game, and found where they are saved. But they are saved as TGA files, and I can't open them. Can't upload them to photobucket either. I've seen other people post screenshots, what am I missing?

I would suggest that you take some looks at the various .ini files in My Documents\My Games\Civ5.
There is probably somewhere an option to change that.

I can't look at this myself, because i don't have civ5, so it would be nice if you could report back if you find something :).

I have also been having this problem. I looked in the files but the only options for screenshots I could find were width and length. I also have programs that can open tga files but the screenshots just show up as block boxes with those too. If I take screenshots with other programs it makes my game crash so I'm not sure what to do about this.:(

Thanks, I'll use that. I'm still wondering if everybody's game is doing this or just a few of us, because I haven't seen any other complaints about it.

Here's how you take screenshots (at least in Windows 7):

Open "Snipping Tool" (comes with W7).
Run Civ V in windowed mode (uncheck "full screen" in video options)
Alt-Tab out of Civ V and into snipping tool.
Click "new" in snipping tool. That will bring up Civ V and grey the screen.
Select the area you want to take the screenshot of.
Save.

Cheers,
Banderas

I noticed the targa file type myself. Last night I hunted through the .ini's in search of the option to change the type to jpeg. It doesn't exist. Hopefully they'll add that option in a patch.

Top Bottom