Taking map requests!

Civilicious

Warlord
I will probably check out the editor and make a map before I even play. Although the beta people will already have some good stuff made, I thought I would see if anyone wanted a map of something in particular. Although I will probably make a Europe map first of all. :mischief:

While in a Wal-Mart bathroom today silently sobbing about having to wait another day for Civ IV I came up with a POWERFUL map idea!

Grout Civilizations!

The map would consist of thin little strips of horizontal and vertical land going all the way across the map (grout) with vast square deep seas taking up most of the space (tiles).

I'm not well...

How about a Israel-Arab war(s) map. Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon.

I've always wanted to play a 1974 Arab-Israeli war map/scenario. Bar Lev line fortifications. Arab dominance in armour numbers, anti tank missiles and mobile SAM's vs the superior Israeli air force and reserves.

I'm wanting a Californina map, So I can do stuff to it, and actually work on making a full mod, like I planed on doing for civ 3 but never got around to doing. If it is somehow possible to convert maps from civ3 to civ4, that would be lovely, because there is a link in my sig to one.

I think the game will come with some maps... Europe included.

No?

Anyway, I'd like to see a British Isles map and a Mediteranean map.

playshogi said:
I like custom made random maps.

Not sure if this is a joke but being able to make random map scripts (the parameters for your random map) should be awesome! I'm hoping the Civ folk go as crazy as the AoE folk did with its random map community.

I'm not sure on the release version, but I've seen Europe, North America, South America, World Maps and among others............ Planet from SMAC. :)

Dale

Grohan said:
AFAIK The game will come with world map and few scenarios .
Here is confirmation from Firaxis:

[19:54] <+FIRAXIS_Trip> the scenarios that come with the game are: American Revolution, Greek World, Earth 1000 AD and Desert War WWII

[19:54] <+FIRAXIS_Trip> there are some maps that went in also

[19:54] <+FIRAXIS_Trip> I made a map of Europe and other ones like South America and Africa

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132866

They may have a world map, but do they have one with correct civ placement? Can someone make one with cities, usually it turns out that spread out civs have an extreme advantage over bunched up ones, but with the new strategy and with cities costing money it might turn out differantly...

Top Bottom