Taking map requests!

i really really hope they ship a realworld map with correct placement! surely they will correctly place the starting locs but i doubt they will hv placed any cities....

I think Rhye, who's famour for his Civ3 mod, has been invited by Firaxis to make his own world map (which is supposed to be included with the game). According to Rhye, that world map will have a slightly enlarged Europe, but the oceans will still be better respects than its Civ3 mod. As such, it's supposed to not have a thin Pacific ocean as in Rhye's mod (he made it so to optimize the memory).

I have no confirmation that Rhye's Civ4 map will indeed be included though.

You didn't miss anything. There isn't one. I'm kinda dissapointed that there isn't one.

*Chant* WORLD MAP, WORLD MAP, WORLD MAP *chant* large and with correct starting locations for all the civs. Some developers can be such idiots, leaving that out of all things! Sheesh!

Ekmek posted: Any chance you can take a long map from spain to china but cutting off after northafrica and england? kind of keeping the roman borders but allowing for a what-if alex scenario in china or roman empire versus china (and a little india too)

I like that idea, especially the Alexander part, but could you have a little bit of England (up to Londen) and Japan?

Also, I would enjoy a American Revolution and/or a Civil War Mod!

Thanks!

g30hd3 said:
Singleplayer -> Senario -> and you'll see the world maps in there..

Can we put to rest this notion that "world maps" in the form those of us that are asking for them want are in the game? Because they are not.

How about a Israel-Arab war(s) map. Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon.

I've always wanted to play a 1974 Arab-Israeli war map/scenario. Bar Lev line fortifications. Arab dominance in armour numbers, anti tank missiles and mobile SAM's vs the superior Israeli air force and reserves.
Most definitely. IIRC, Mr. Black made a similiar scenario for Civ III.

A world-map with real-world civ placement, says I.
Agreed. This is the only way that I like to play.

another vote for a HUGE realistic world-map. i just tried playing as the japanese on the pathetic world map that was included and found its impossible to even squeeze 3 cities on the island without sharing tiles with another city. other people maybe happy with a handful of cities but im of the opinion that a civ game is no good unless each civ has at least a dozen good sized cities to its name.

Top Bottom