1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TCS - Corruption 1

Adds a Corruption mechanic to the game

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

thecrazyscot submitted a new resource:

TCS - Corruption - Adds a Corruption mechanic to the game

Read more about this resource...

totalslacker likes this.
  2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

These are the tables I am using to determine the gold percent modifier:

Distance Base No Governor No Plaza Maximum Base (sum of previous columns) In Dark Age? In Golden Age?
    1-6 tiles -1 -1 -3 -5 -2 2
    7-12 tiles -3 -3 -4 -10 -4 4
    13-18 tiles -5 -5 -10 -20 -6 6
    19-24 tiles -10 -10 -15 -35 -8 8
    25-30 tiles -10 -15 -25 -50 -10 10
    > 30 tiles -15 -20 -30 -65 -10 10

Government Modifier
    Chiefdom -1
    Autocracy -6
    Oligarchy -10
    Classical Republic -8
    Monarchy -8
    Theocracy -10
    Merchant Republic -12
    Fascism -15
    Communism -20
    Democracy -10
    Corporate Libertarianism -25
    Digital Democracy -15
    Synthetic Technocracy -5

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  3. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Future Planned Features
    - Loyalty and Amenity maluses based on distance to Capital
    - Civilopedia entry explaining new mechanic

4. Arstahd

Arstahd Chieftain

Interesting idea. It addresses a couple of the issues I have with the current game: excessive gold in the later turns, no penalties for unlimited expansion.

One thing that rubs me the wrong way though is the No Plaza penalty. As implemented, it's a "feels bad" mechanic, since almost every city in your empire will suffer from it. If you were to increase the the base distance penalty and have the Plaza negate it, I think it will have a similar effect, but feel better to the player and be a bit easier to keep in one's head.

5. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

Steam yet? Interesting idea forsure. Definitely would love to see you build on it

6. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Thanks for trying it out! I understand about the No Plaza penalty, but it's primarily my fault for how I described it. The intent is for the Plaza to counteract the corruption as you stated, but the way I set up the modifiers it comes at if kind of backwards, I guess. I could describe it differently, but the underlying modifiers wouldn't actually change.

I am planning on building on it and releasing on Steam, but right now my main modding focus is still on my Pedialite mod at the moment. This should be next though!

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Some small countries like Salvador might have larger corruption issues than coast to coast ones like Canada. Often Palace is the most corrupt place in the country -- why the distance from the palace must be the determining factor? Only because it was made so by Firaxis in the previous Civilizations? Lets come up with something more creative please.
    How about tying corruption to education. There is a base ammount of corruption in society, modified by government type. Now, give every campus building regional effect -- like factory or entertainment. Pingala might have these effects to stack up for one city to benefit from all regional campus buildings.

8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I'll be sticking with my implementation, thanks.

Laurana Kanan, SeelingCat and pokiehl like this.