1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team 3 *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game' started by Black_Hole, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

It seems to be so, but we still need to have more people to have a say on the issue. So it is a tentative yes, ATM.

2. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

Do all team members know about this forum? ... I wouldn't have know unless you PMed me ...

3. ybbor

ybbor Will not change his avata

so each person picks two names? Starting using one of black Hole's, then one of yours, then all the way to kentharu, then we go with your second name, or am i missing something?

but why not discuss it now, we have to discuss it sometime, and this is a decsion we can make before without knowing the terain, civ, or opposing units. we don't want to go into the game knowing nothing do we?

4. classical_hero

That is the way I would do it. Then what should we do after we have the two names already done? I would say that we should then pick names that go well with our team name.

5. classical_hero

They would know about this forum, but they might not know what team they are on as of yet. I sent out a PM to you, CG Emp and Meleager, but so far only you and CG have replied to the PM. Perhaps I will PM the other guys so they know that are on this team.

6. ybbor

go well with our team name like what? base camp A, Camp B, Base C?

keep in mind that other players are going to see our city names, so maybe we should name them after things that aren't there? for instance, if we're ahead in tech, we might name a desert town port saltpeter, to throw off the other teams? But that would be too confusing. Maybe Just go with the two names per person dea, and after that start naming stuff camp A, Camp B, Fort C. It would be easy to talk about in battle plans (okay, we have 5 galleys at C, and want to attack Berlin, so we cross the continent at that canal G, and pick up a few more riflemen at T, etc.)

7. classical_hero

Playing mind games with your opponent. I like that idea. Psychological warfare is part of our armery.

8. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

I like your deviousness :evil:

9. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Just be warned you can't name a city "Saltpeter" and put it in trades, trying to trick them into thinking it's a resource, not some bad town.

10. ybbor

my concern is that if the wind blows the wrong direction, we could be the one with the deformed limbs. also, after they realize a that we're just naming things randomly, they won't carry weight.

11. classical_hero

We wont do that.

12. ybbor

may we name a city "port slatpeter" and hint that it contains saltpeter (when it doesn't), as long as we never say anything false? if they ask "does it have slatpeter in it's radius, do we have to say no, or can we come up with some dodge ("why do you think we named it port slatpeter?")

13. Ginger_Ale

You may name it that, and in treaties make sure you explicitly say it is a town, not the resource.

I would prefer you dodge the question all together (if they ask, just skip it). I will wait to see what RegentMan has to say.

The game isn't about tricking the opponents, it's about beating them. ;)

14. classical_hero

@ybbor. We must make it clear with any trade that we might make, if we have a city that is name after a resource, that we differentiate it from the resource in any trades. That way we do not give them some useless city that was named as Psycologiacl warfare, but not containing the resource, so that the reciepent thinks they are getting a resource. I do hope you understand what GA is saying.

15. ybbor

the way i understand it, it is okay to name a town Fort Iron, and tell them it is a city (and hint it contains iron) but not okay to name the town iron and tell them it is the resource (which btw, i was never advocating, as that is just downright wrong).

besides, i see it as more a distraction for the armies. Imagine a 30 unit SOD approaching a 2pop barren deseet thinking it contained oil :D :goodjob:

"well, we got the town, now what do we do with the other 28 units?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "Party!!! :dance:"

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Feel free to hint that your cities have certain resources. Just be sure you're crafty with your responses. If another team finds out your treachery, they may tell other teams and your public outlook won't be too positive. So, just be sure you have answers up your sleeve and be as crafty as possible.

17. ybbor

proceed with the plan full speed ahead!!!

18. Ginger_Ale

And I doubt the teams would go after a size 1 desert city rather than your capital. Take your capital and the oil is useless in a 1spt city.

19. ybbor

okay guys, i think we stop discussion in theis thread

20. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread closed; moved to DG 7 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.