Team projects

raxo2222

Time Traveller
What special is about projects? What is their future?
I know they all affect all players, not just one who completes it.
There are few space related projects:
Apollo Program - this ones allows spaceship parts to be built (really nothing is untouched by civilization, that researched whole tech tree anyway)
Hubble Space Telescope - enables Deep Space Research Institute for everyone.
International Space Station - enables Space Laboratory for everyone
Does SDI counts as space project?
@pepper2000 are you going to leave these things as projects, or make them regular world wonders while making sure things, that they unlock aren't getting locked out?
@Thunderbrd were projects recosted in your building recost project?
Spoiler :

@Thunderbrd were projects recosted in your building recost project?
Yes. There are also very few adjustments to production that count towards building projects. I've always wondered some things about their intent in original vanilla and they do have a debate worthy future here in C2C but we really don't have the bandwidth to consider what that really means yet. There's been some discussion but after a lot of ideas were tossed around, very few decisions were made.

We've talked about this on and off over time. If I had my way we would just get rid of the completely. The functionality (letting everyone in the world build something) can be replicated by other means from world wonders. They have much less flexibility than regular buildings; for instance, they have no map category characteristic and there is nothing to prevent building SDI on Venus. However, this is a low priority for me.

We've talked about this on and off over time. If I had my way we would just get rid of the completely. The functionality (letting everyone in the world build something) can be replicated by other means from world wonders. They have much less flexibility than regular buildings; for instance, they have no map category characteristic and there is nothing to prevent building SDI on Venus. However, this is a low priority for me.
They do need some adjustments at least. I always wanted multiple cities to be able to build towards one singular build cost total, even if they are being built by multiple, even enemy, nations. AKA, all cities that are building them are building towards the same one achievement in the end, thus they really do need to unlock something globally, and not just for the completing city, unless it was intentional that it be a bit of a lottery effect to see which could complete the actual build.

Projects can't be hurried whereas Wonders can. That is the main difference between the two in vanilla.

Most projects give a boost to the player building it and sometimes allow a building that everyone can build. The Manhattan Project is the main one in vanilla. Once someone has the bomb everyone can build the shelters.

With team projects and wonders instead of just having nation wide benefits they have team wide benefits,

You can add a hurry cost modifier that makes it virtually impossible for certain wonders to be hurried, if you wish to do that.

TBs idea sound very cool; just yesterday I read something about a global Smart Grid, and I can see a Wonder that benefits all which is only buildable if enough cities (global) built the Smart Grid building. Same could go for transportation networks or huge international projects like ITER.

All terraformed X planet/moon world wonders could be team projects.
That would mean there would be variety of projects in Galactic era, and that everyone would benefit from terraformed planets.
It can wait for competent AI, that can into space, space mapscripts and custom made maps with bigger solar system planets/moons :p

Top Bottom