TEAM Quatronia

Hey I'm from the league- multiplayer community. I was really involved a few years ago, playing under a different name in one of the good clans and winning the CCC a few times (one of those multiplayer clan tournaments). I have some experience with single player on emperor, but usually I get to industrial age, get bored, and go off to play mp. :lol: The AI is just not very good at fighting wars, dealing with chokes, not getting manipulated, etc... Anyway, I have no experience with pitboss, but I'd love to join a team and be an active participant.

So, I think I'd be good as far as military stuff and turn player. I'm good at micro but not fantastic (kind of hard with 30 second timers). I think I would NOT be good at the diplo, so I would leave that to you experts. So, is it cool if I join up here?

I'd like to join this team. Do I need to do anything in particular to get approved or am I in automatically?

I've never messed with pitboss or much with multiplayer in general so I'd probably avoid the actual playing.

I am back again, now that the team is getting numbers, my interest is on track again, I will upgrade the first two posts accordingly.

Hey I'm from the league- multiplayer community. I was really involved a few years ago, playing under a different name in one of the good clans and winning the CCC a few times (one of those multiplayer clan tournaments). I have some experience with single player on emperor, but usually I get to industrial age, get bored, and go off to play mp. :lol: The AI is just not very good at fighting wars, dealing with chokes, not getting manipulated, etc... Anyway, I have no experience with pitboss, but I'd love to join a team and be an active participant.

So, I think I'd be good as far as military stuff and turn player. I'm good at micro but not fantastic (kind of hard with 30 second timers). I think I would NOT be good at the diplo, so I would leave that to you experts. So, is it cool if I join up here?

what was your civplayers nick?

@Indiansmoke- Name was Traoth. I was in GOD right when Audrien was founding it-I was one of the people playing 3v3 class and medi and sometime anc. So this was back when we had GEFORCED, deviousdevil, crypto, NOM, 9iron, dreddcool, churchill, longhorn...and that's all I remember for now heh. It was a few years ago. Anyway, I literally just came back last week and wanted to start fresh and relearn the ropes. Were you around back then?

How does controlling one city per player work?
Basically, the idea is that each member of the team has a city which is allocated as "theirs" in the game. They decide everything about what that city builds, what its improvements are, etc. But they have no say on any of the other cities in the empire.

Count me in for Team Quatronia.
Have this game started yet?

Basically, the idea is that each member of the team has a city which is allocated as "theirs" in the game. They decide everything about what that city builds, what its improvements are, etc. But they have no say on any of the other cities in the empire.

Essentially it's an interesting but extremely inefficient way of playing a civ game. Not recommended for a highly competitive game such as this one, since you'll get trounced by the teams who manage their empire as a whole. ;)

Wouldn't the efficiency of the empire be directly related to the overall strategy decided on by the team?

Not yet, but it shouldn't be long now. :)

Sure, but an overall strategy for the team is useless if individual people can decide to override that by making "their" city produce something different (e.g. a wonder rather than a host of Settlers and Workers for other cities). ;)

Yeah granted. The assumption I'm making is that if you're part of the team then you're planning to co-operate. No government would work if it was staffed with mavericks. Point taken though.

Hi guys, I was just placed on this team.

Unfortunately, I only have Civ IV Vanilla, so I can't go on pitboss directly. However, I still hope you guys will let me participate and help our team win!

EDIT: By the way, can we have some kind of team roster posted up?

Looking at the first post of the sign-up thread, this appears to be your current team roster:

Team Quatronia
1. Provolution
2. Earthling
3. Bowsling
4. Sherlock613
5. Galdarian
6. Super Sonic
I suggest Provolution (or a mod) copies this into the first post. :)

Okay, thanks for double checking. Will let classical_hero know. :)

By my reckoning the 'Q' continuum is as follows

Hmm, that does it, even while I was undecided before regarding some naming ideas...I immediately second the act to name some part of our country's governmental organization or citizenry the Continuum. In keeping with the Quatronia theme I propose we'll also need nominations for chief Tesseract. Maybe replace the Sage's title with that unofficially if we're keeping the exact originally proposed structure.

Anyway, I'm certainly enthused about this one and hope we get our private forum soon...

In case you guys didn't hear already, you can now go to this page to sign up for your team. As soon as you're approved, your private forum will become visible. :)

Yep, works great for me, and thanks Lord Parkin.

Figured we could use another bump, at least from an active player - I think Quatronia might still need a few more for anyone else interested! Don't worry about us being a strong or active team cause I'm sure we will regardless and the more the merrier! ;)

Also I know we have several newcomers in general and not to spam here but if you have any interest various Forum Games - a nice little section of the boards with many great things going on, the community would love to welcome folks. I'm looking for sign-ups for a Mafia Game I'm GMing to start shortly and fellow Quatronians - and all Demogamers, more than welcome.

Top Bottom