TEAM Quatronia

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
TEAM QUATRONIA

I am setting up the first official team to get the ball rolling, and I would like to pose a few groundrules for how this team should be organized.

1. Rotational turnplayer following an election (otherwise does not make sense to have a demogame, when there is no one to elect, like last game)
2. Elections should be held following the invention of every tenth technology
3. Each city to be run by one player
4. Major decisions should be polled, which includes war, city builds etc.
5. There will be a minimal government of 5 players only, the Lord (turnplayer), his Envoy (Diplomat foreign agreements), his Sage (technology, culture and religion), his Marshall (all troop builds, priorities, naming of units, promotions and overall military strategy) and finally his Judge (making all votes, polls and finally ruling out all disputes)
6. Turnplays should be fully logged with pics and a short and clear summary in bullets
7. Good strategies should be presented and discussed with respect, not bullied down by so-called experts attacking the man not hitting the ball.
8. Each turnplay should have a good narrative, to be written by the sage at all times, so the game can read as a good story, even after the game
9. Diplomacy is to be handled by the Envoy, but all treaties are to be voted on.
10. Be fun and creative, not nagging and posing as an expert.

Please sign up here, all are welcome, even old enemies.

Provolution

I don't think it's quite time for this yet, Pro.

I like this start. How about we set the mayor game rules first and then the teams, and then the enrollment? Your set of rules will be inspiration for other team creators.

Just one question, since English is not my first language, I forcast to have difficulties with "8. Each turnplay should have a good narrative, to be written by the sage at all times, so the game can read as a good story, even after the game", or will foreigners be forgiven?

Any good story is a good story. No need to be worried about deliveries.

Of course I want the main rules first, then we set up the team, then we do enrollment, but now this is up, and shows a preferred teamstyle I know will appeal to some, appeal less to others.

I think this kind of thread is exactly what we need. I don't think it's too early, though I wouldn't call any team official yet. But this is exactly the kind of thread I imagined for recruiting a team.

I really like some of the ideas presented here, like having different players control different cities. Could be lots of fun. I imagine the team groundrules would have to be modified if the double civ variant is played but that would actually be more fun under the proposed team setup. Each civ could have its own sage, etc. Could be a blast.

I'd really like to see proposed groundrules for some other teams.

I don't think it's quite time for this yet, Pro.

It's perfect timing. We're stagnating in constant back and forth arguments over the same points. We should be looking to start the game before April, IMO. We need teams to start voting on the game options asap so the map maker can be given the parameters for the map, and make it.

Also, for the record, I'm not interested in playing in a team that functions in this manner.

Yeah, it's exactly the right time for this sort of thing. Good on you, Provolution, for getting things started. I'll post up something similar for my own idea of a team later on.

Likewise. I'll happily join a team, even a poor one, if they tell me how these things work :)

I would be happy to be on this team; for one in the last Demogame I was on a team, that while it had great players and we actually had a great start, I think lost the "Democracy"/team feel. So I'd rather try to get something organized early and encourage people to be active and have some good roles and work to do, instead of ending up with one/a couple guys who "have a spreadsheet." Not that that couldn't have even been me, kinda close on my preferred level of micromanaging too, but I'd love to participate in something grander/more cooperative that gives me extra incentive to be around.

Plus it looks like this team is in particular need of players right now.

I'm happy to be on this team, but then I'll be on any reasonable-looking team that'll show me how all this works :)

The important thing for me in deciding which team to join is whether I'm going to learn how to win multiplayer games from it. Any comments on that?

This is specifically not what I want; indeed, that was almost the exact mindset of the last Demogame as far as I'm concerned, and which is why it kinda lost my interest (plus just irl busyness).

This also isn't similar to most multiplayer settings you'll ever see though; for one, probably a larger map, and likely non-simultaneous turns so it won't all be about early game axe (or chariot or UU)-rushing. Short answers for those types of games afaik is just to have a friend, where you two ally from the start and kill everyone else, before turning on each other. Only the diplo in MP really differs from SP in general, optimize your game the way you want otherwise, and it's often about just allying with someone in a predetermined way for tech and military. Of course getting into more fun-conducive Pitboss and all is a different cup of tea, but I might not be the best person to ask about that, because I've never gone for that experience solely to try to outright win.

Well I really don't know the reason for the name in particular nor the theme behind it; but I can make whatever work anyway. Still interested in being on the team; if there are better name ideas I'm open to them.

I'm inertested, though I'm not very good at this game. What civ would we be using, assuming you pick one?

That's certainly still up for discussion, probably when we get private forums we decide on civ/vote for other game settings.

Great to have you both onboard...I was fearing this team needed some more players. But like Provolution who got things going I'm happy to do what I can, welcome all team members, and I for one really like the idea of the democracy element for our team structure.

Top Bottom