Tech Tree Editor

Greetings

I downloaded the Tech Tree Editor. Then merged my mod into the Tech Tree Editor folders as indicated. Launched my scenario, and brought up the Tech Screen. I then hit ALT-F6 and nothing happened. No editor came up. What's the deal??

------------------

Edit: Never mind the above -- I was trying to launch the app directly within the game's Tech Screen, which didn't work. I launched it instead right from the beginning of the game when the initial map appears, and the editor worked fine then. Thanks!!

I used that tech tree editor. Pretty nifty.

I did run inro some trouble afterward though. When going back into play mode, I discovered that the active CIV could not select Techs for research from the Tech Screen. I clicked on available Techs to be researched but nothing happened. What's wrong with this?

Perhaps you can tell much on what you did !
Are the techs on the first column ?
Are they set to ancient era ?
Are they linked ?

When I used the Tech Tree Editor, I started out with a stardard tech tree. I then added 1 new tech and moved it to column 3, underneath Horsemanship. I moved up Horsemanship to make some room. The new tech is Ancient Era and has two preReq techs (Hunting & Meditation). None of the preReq tech lines linking up to the new tech are visible for some unknown reason. I then saved the modified tech tree successfully, and returned to the game screen.

None of the preReq tech lines linking up to the new tech are visible

That is the problem unless you specified Andprereq for both Hunt & Med. You can research from top of mainscreen because this tech doesn't have prereqs. I guess something went wrong when you saved. The best is to reset your prereqs until it works.

That is the problem unless you specified Andprereq for both Hunt & Med. You can research from top of mainscreen because this tech doesn't have prereqs. I guess something went wrong when you saved. The best is to reset your prereqs until it works.

I specified ANDpreReqs for both Hunt & Med. No ORpreReq. Not sure I understand any of this or why there would be a problem. So far I have two required preReqs, and no alternative preReq. I'll play around with the preReqs and see what happens. Weird...

:/ didnt pop up for me, and im *not* in the techscreen

can anyone shed any light on this?

This might sound a bit crazy but... :crazyeye:
Can this editor possibly be used for BtS if the BtS assets files (at least the tech related files) would be treated as if they belong to a mod? Could it be used then like described in Chapter 7?

Is there any possibility that this extremely useful utility will ever be updated to BTS.

I currently use the Civ 4 'Complete Edition' and none of the 3 versions that come with the disk work with this utility. It seems Firaxis has updated the versions of Civ4 and Warlords that come on the disk so even the old versions of this utility now dont work anymore :cry:

Every other tech tree utility just does not make the cut :(

Would someone other than the Lopez be able to convert it to BTS if Lopez doesn't turn up? I can't imagine there'd be any huge changes necessery from the original code. It's such a useful and easy utility to use, it would make my modding life that much easier :)

Top Bottom