Technology advisor screen and interface problem

10lire

Prince
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to create my own civilization for avain's Varietas Delectat mod.
After adding some units, when I start to play with my civ, the starting screen is a empty technology advisor screen:

Spoiler :

then I clic on EXIT,the game shows the welcome message, and finally the world screen, without interface!

Spoiler :

I'm using Varietas Delectat mod 8.0 + BUG mod 3.0 + CivBlueMarble graphic mod.
If I move my civ's folder elsewhere and then restart the game, all is well.
If I remove my units the problem persists.

I know there is something wrong in my xml.. but how/where are these strange issues generated?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 717
  • Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 678
Could you either list the actual files that are being added and removed to make the problem come and go or better yet upload them. I'm not familiar with avain's Varietas Delectat mod so I'm not sure if I can help you. I'll look at them, maybe myself or somebody else on the forum can help you.

Typically interface problems deal with an error in Python Code.

-> activate python exceptions.
Go to My Documents\My Games\BtS\Civilization4.ini, open it with a texteditor (wordpad, notepad, whatever), search for python, change the value there and report, what happens.

VD mod has no python files to edit; it's only a graphic mod (*) and I never edit any such file (I'm not a programmer..); btw this is the python pop-up report showed when I load or start a game:

Spoiler :

The listed files are BtS files.

Also, in order to manage the added units I have edited these .xml files (they are modular xml files):

Italy_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
and
Italy_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml

in which you simply edit the paths where the units' files are stored.

The units I've added are:
ambrox62's Stone age settler family
ambrox62's Stone age warrior
ambrox62's Stone age worker
ambrox62's Stone age scout
ambrox62's Stone age archer
ambrox62's Bronz age spy
ambrox62's Bronz age chariot
ambrox62's Bronz age spearman
ambrox62's Bronz age axeman
kochman's "Brigand" knight from his Norman Sicily civilization

Can be useful to you that I upload these files? Or something else? Anyway, thank you for support!

EDIT: (*) Ok, VD it's not "simply" a graphic mod; avain has added some techs and unit promotions in order to add new kind of units (i.e.: early fighter, ironclad cruiser etc...)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 666
You made a mistake somewhere in the ArtStyleInfos. Try adding the units again, a few at a time.

Top Bottom